Michael A. Monteverde practices in the Firm’s Insurance Litigation Group out of Bressler’s Fort Lauderdale office. Michael handles insurance coverage, bad faith, and insurance litigation matters (first and third party) for a variety of domestic and international insurance carriers. He also has significant experience in insurance and subrogation disputes in matters arising out of jeweler’s block insurance policies, fine art insurance, E&O and D&O matters, excess insurance, and marine cargo insurance matters. Michael also handles construction litigation matters for both individuals and as appointed counsel by insurance companies; as well as general commercial litigation disputes. Michael also co-manages all trial matters tried by the Firm's Florida Insurance Group, and has "first chaired" jury trials to verdict.
Michael has successfully defended insurers and their insureds in numerous first party insurance disputes, bad faith claims and lawsuits, construction lawsuits, maritime claims, and bodily injury cases and claims over the past decade with a combined risk exposure to his clients of near $50 million. He has routinely been tasked with litigating high exposure cases extensively in both the state and federal courts in Florida. Michael is invited to speak at conferences and on panels concerning issues related to bad faith and general insurance law.
Michael earned his J.D from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and his B.A. from Binghamton University.
- Gozzo Dev., Inc. v. Esker, No. 4D15-276 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016)
- Dehres LLC v. Underwriters at Interest at Lloyds London, 826 F.Supp. 2d 1338 (S.D. Fla. 2011)
- Underwriters at Interest Under Bailee Insurance Policy No. 09RTAMIA1158 v. Seatruck, Inc., 858 F.Supp. 2d 1334 (S.D. Fla. 2012)
- June 9, 20174 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers
Bressler is pleased to announce that four firm attorneys have been selected to the 2017 Florida Rising Stars list.… Read more
- March 14, 2016Bressler Welcomes Michael A. Monteverde to the Ft. Lauderdale Office
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that Michael A. Monteverde has joined the firm as an associate in the firm’s Insurance practice. Michael has expe… Read more
- October 19, 2016ifasic Athens 2016
Michael Monteverde will be a presenter at the ifasic Athens 2016 conference taking place October 19-21, 2016.… Read more
- June 2, 2016ACI Extra-Contractual & Bad Faith Liability Conference
Associate Michael Monteverde will speak on “Overcoming Latest Challenges With Institutional Bad Faith Claims, including Institutional Bad Faith Discovery” at the Ame… Read more
- November 19, 2015ACI Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Liability Conference
Michael Monteverde will be a panelist at the Miami installment of American Conference Institute's (ACI's) 32nd National Forum on Bad Faith Claims & Litigation on Nov… Read more
Awards & Honors
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2017