Andy is an experienced trial attorney with a history of success in guiding clients to the most efficient business result in contentious disputes. A member of both the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Private Client practice groups, Andy achieves optimal results for his clients in disputes between businesses as well as emotionally-charged, high stakes probate and fiduciary litigation.
As a probate and fiduciary litigator, Andy has significant experience representing individual and charitable beneficiaries and fiduciaries in disputes involving challenges to wills and trusts, contested guardianships involving millions of dollars in assets, challenges to fiduciaries’ management as executors, administrators, guardians, powers of attorney or trustees, and small business oppressed shareholder/“corporate divorce” matters.
As a commercial litigator, Andy has represented a wide array of business clients in disputes involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, statutory violations, environmental liability, employee restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements, government corruption and real estate disputes.
In both commercial and private client matters, Andy is able to leverage strong persuasive skills and level-headed tactical decision-making to navigate the financial as well as the emotional contours of a dispute, to secure optimal results for his clients.
Andy is active in the local and state bar, serving as a vice-chair of the Essex County Bar Association Chancery Committee and a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Select Committee on Equity Jurisprudence. Andy is also a member of the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey, Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey and the Vanderbilt-Brennan Inn of Court. Andy is a 2014 graduate of the American Board of Trial Advocate’s National Trial Lawyer’s College at Harvard Law School, and has been named a “Rising Star” in probate litigation in three consecutive years by Super Lawyers magazine.
Before joining Bressler Amery & Ross, Andy was a litigation associate at an AmLaw 100 law firm in New Jersey, and served as law clerk to the Honorable Walter Koprowski, Jr., P.J.Ch., a Probate and Chancery judge sitting in Essex County, New Jersey.
Representative accomplishments include:
- Served as trial counsel for an industrial services company against an equipment repair company and secured a verdict recovering 100% of the client’s compensatory damages, plus its legal fees and expert costs.
- Conducted an internal investigation of a public housing authority after a whistleblower’s allegations of corruption in the contractor-hiring process, including a dozen interviews of the whistleblower and other witnesses, and identified significant employee theft of time and materials, resulting in termination.
- Defended a hotel group against allegations of price-gouging following Hurricane Sandy, and demonstrated to the Attorney General’s Office that its allegations were deeply flawed, resulting in a very favorable settlement for the client at minimal cost and without the need for extensive litigation.
- Represented a telecommunications company in numerous litigations and arbitrations, involving extensive discovery, motion practice, and ultimately settlement on favorable terms.
- Defended a national media company in a putative class action alleging widespread violations of the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act with potential liability exceeding $100 million.
- Compelled plaintiff to withdraw all class action claims against a national retailer under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by persuasively demonstrating that claims were moot.
- Defended a client against sibling seeking guardianship of their incapacitated mother and control of her $3 million estate. Served as first-chair trial and successfully obtained appointment of a neutral third party as guardian, and claw-back of all transactions benefiting client’s sister.
- Petitioned for specific performance of a lease in which the tenant missed an option to renew the lease on favorable terms, ultimately allowing the landlord to settle on very favorable business terms by buying out the last seven years of a disadvantageous ten-year lease extension at minimal cost.
- Represented beneficiary in accounting proceeding against executor and attorney-in-fact, and uncovered nearly $1 million in previously undisclosed assets and tax savings the fiduciaries failed to claim, resulting in a very favorable settlement for the beneficiary and surcharge against the fiduciaries.
- Represented a former owner and employee of fitness business against former employer, and defeated employer’s efforts to enforce restrictive covenants including non-compete and non-solicitation provisions, resulting in settlement that allowed the client to open and operate a new business venture.
- March 19, 201822 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 16 firm attorneys have been selected to the 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers list and 6 attorneys were selected… Read more
- March 15, 201722 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 13 firm attorneys have been selected to the 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers list and 9 attorneys were selected… Read more
- March 14, 2016Bressler Welcomes Andrew C. Egan to the New Jersey Office
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that Andrew C. Egan has joined the firm as an associate in the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Private Clients p… Read more
- March 11, 201623 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 13 firm attorneys have been selected to the 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers list and 10 attorneys were selecte… Read more
Awards & Honors
- Graduate, The American Board of Trial Advocate's National Trial Lawyer's College at Harvard Law School, 2014
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2014-2018