David Hantman's primary area of practice is securities litigation and arbitration. He represents broker-dealers and registered representatives in these forums, as well as in investigations and regulatory enforcement actions. Over the past several years, David has played a central role in defending funds against such investor claims as misrepresentation, fraud and unsuitability. He has also served as a consultant in the hedge fund industry, providing operational support and consulting services to hedge funds and fund of funds. From 2000 to 2006, he served as Director of Kroll Associates’ Vendor Integrity Division, guiding many Fortune 500 clients in mitigating business risk.
David's prior experience includes the prosecution of fraud and other white collar crimes at the Kings County District Attorney’s Office, Rackets Division, and in the investigation and prosecution of securities law violations at the New York Stock Exchange Enforcement Division.
A graduate of New York Law School, David was Executive Case Comment Editor of the New York Law School Law Review.
News & Publications
- January 5, 2017Bressler Promotes Four Attorneys to Principal and Two to Counsel
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. announced today the promotions of Ronald J. Campione, Dennis E. Kadian, Jonathan C. Schwartz and Jaime H. Scivley to principal and Brian… Read more
- November 16, 2015Securities Regulators, Industry Professionals Gather to Discuss Regulatory Focus and Important Securities Issues at SIFMA's C&L Regional Seminar in New York
Securities Client Alert… Read more
- May 16, 2013Bressler Partners with UBS to Volunteer at the Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project's Legal Clinic
Stefanie Wayco, Tracey Salmon-Smith, David Hantman, Angela Turiano, Frank Cuccio and Jon Kaplon partnered with UBS to volunteer at the Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law … Read more
- January 31, 2011Update: FINRA Examination Findings and Priorities
- March 31, 2017Alternative Dispute Resolution Skills Program at New York Law School
Brian Amery and David Hantman will participate as guest arbitrators at New York Law School on March 31, 2017 to help students prepare for an International Arbitrati… Read more
- February 16, 2017New York Lawyers for the Public Interest 24th Annual Law & Society Award Luncheon
Bressler, Amery & Ross is a proud sponsor of the New York Lawyers for the Public Interest 24th Annual Law & Society Award Luncheon taking place February 16, 2017 at … Read more
- February 9, 2017Bressler's David Hantman to Present on Valuing a Case from a Defense Perspective at NY Law School
Bressler Counsel David Hantman will be speaking at New York Law School’s Securities Arbitration Clinic, on the toipc of Valuing a Case from a Defense Perspective on … Read more
- January 10, 2017Bressler's David Hantman to Present at NY Law School
Bressler Counsel David Hantman will be speaking at New York Law School, on Securities Arbitration, addressing students taking the intensive Alternative Dispute Resol… Read more