Michael Margulies has extensive experience litigating complex commercial disputes, including breach of contract and fiduciary duties, insurance, fraud, bankruptcy clawbacks and fraudulent transfers, employment, and business torts. He also regularly provides clients with strategic advice and counseling in advance of litigation, in order to strengthen his clients’ legal position in later proceedings and avoid ineffective litigation.
Michael also has broad experience in bankruptcy, corporate reorganization, and creditors’ rights, having represented debtors and a variety of creditors and creditor committees. He has also negotiated favorable debt restructuring under the threat of impending bankruptcy.
Michael has substantial trial and appellate experience. Michael is always advocating on behalf of his client’s best interests in obtaining business resolutions and litigating disputes in and out of the courtroom. He has been described as very calm and collaborative in attempts to resolve disputes, but always confident and willing to step up and fight for his client’s interests.
He has defended and prosecuted claims on behalf of a wide array of clients—from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and individuals—including:
- defending an international energy company against claims of breach of a non-circumvent provision in the context of a large-scale transaction
- prosecuting fraud and breach of contract claims for misappropriated funds on behalf of an investment fund against one of its contractors
- defending large fitness corporation against class action wage and hour claims
- defending a private equity investment firm against motions to dismiss its bankruptcy case
- defending a monoline insurer against fraudulent conveyance claims in the context of a corporate restructuring
- defending a semiconductor company’s attempt to issue debt pursuant to a contractual arrangement in the face of an alleged material adverse effect
News & Publications
- March 30, 2016Information Disclosed To Insured’s Broker and Attorneys Triggers Notice Obligation To Excess Insurer
Insurance Law Alert… Read more
- October 27, 2015Bressler Welcomes Michael D. Margulies to the New Jersey Office
FLORHAM PARK, NJ, October 27, 2015 – Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that Michael D. Margulies has joined the firm as counsel in the Commercial L… Read more