Preston Martin's practice focuses primarily on the defense of brokerage firms and financial institutions against claims asserted by their customers and former employees in court and arbitration proceedings across the United States. In addition, Preston has an estate planning practice, which includes the preparation of wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents.
Admitted to practice law in both Alabama and Georgia, Preston’s recent achievements include obtaining summary judgment in the Northern District of Alabama on behalf of one of the nation's largest mortgage lenders and servicers. Preston also successfully arbitrated a matter for a global financial services firm, resulting in a $0 award for the claimant.
Preston is committed to providing pro bono legal services as part of his regular practice. To that end, Preston volunteers monthly with the Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (BBVLP), a nationally-recognized organization that provides free legal services to low-income Birmingham citizens. In fact, Bressler’s Birmingham office was selected by the BBVLP as the 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year by the BBVLP.
Preston received his J.D. from the University of Georgia School of Law and his B.B.A. from the University of Georgia. While at the University of Georgia School of Law, Preston served as the articles editor for the Journal of Intellectual Property Law.
- October 10, 2017Bressler’s Katie Kimbrell and Preston Martin Selected as Honorees in the Birmingham Business Journal's Rising Star Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that Katie Kimbrell and Preston Martin, attorneys in the firm’s Litigation group, have been selected as honorees in the… Read more
- December 5, 2016Bressler Selected as 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year By Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program
Bressler has been selected as the 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year by Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (BBVLP).… Read more
- November 9, 2016Bressler Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers' Top Listings
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 13 lawyers have been named to Super Lawyers' Top Listings. Two lawyers have been recognized among the Top 5… Read more
- March 4, 2016Bressler Attorneys Volunteer at Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program Help Desk
Preston Martin, a Bressler Associate and an active volunteer of the birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (BBVLP), recently accepted and closed an Extended Repres… Read more
- July 24, 2015Bressler's Birmingham Office Volunteers at First Light
Bressler’s Birmingham office is proud to once again support and volunteer with First Light, a center for homeless women and children. On July 24, Bressler attorney… Read more
- May 5, 2015Bressler’s Birmingham Office Volunteers at First Light
Bressler’s Birmingham office is proud to once again support and volunteer with First Light, a center for homeless women and children. On May 5, Bressler attorneys … Read more
- February 26, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Continues Growth in New Birmingham Office
Bressler represents clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters NEW YORK, FEBRUARY 26, 2014 – Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is ple… Read more
- June 6, 2016Defendants Must Wait for Final Decision from SEC's Administrative Law Judge Before Appealing to Federal Courts
Securities Law Alert… Read more
Awards & Honors
- Recognized on the Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2016