Katherine Riopel Suell is an associate in the firm’s Environmental Law practice group. Kate focuses her practice on environmental litigation including litigation of issues related to permitting and enforcement, responsibility for discharges of hazardous substances, site clean up and remediation, and cost recovery actions with a particular focus on Superfund work. Her practice includes a range of complex environmental litigation and regulatory matters that involve air, water, and waste issues under varied federal and state environmental statutes, including New Jersey’s Spill Act and Industrial Site Recovery Act, CERCLA, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and the Oil Pollution Act.
Kate advises clients on issues relating to environmental land use permitting, brownfields redevelopment, and regulatory compliance. Kate has represented her clients’ interests in PRP Groups at sites throughout the country, and has developed a particular expertise navigating complex insurance coverage programs and seeking coverage for long-tail liabilities including asbestos. Kate also advises clients in mergers, acquisitions, and real estate transactions involving environmental due diligence, contractual indemnity, and allocation of environmental responsibilities.
- March 15, 201722 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 13 firm attorneys have been selected to the 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers list and 9 attorneys were selected… Read more
- March 11, 201623 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 13 firm attorneys have been selected to the 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers list and 10 attorneys were selecte… Read more
- March 16, 201520 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 11 firm attorneys have been selected to the 2015 New Jersey Super Lawyers list and 9 attorneys were selected… Read more
- October 16, 2014Bressler Welcomes Katherine E. Riopel to the Environmental Law Practice Group
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. welcomes new associate, Katherine Riopel, to the firm’s Environmental Law practice group. Recently, Katherine was selected as a “Rising … Read more
- February 20, 2015LSRP Program Update: Proposed Regulations of the LSRP Licensing Board Issued by the NJDEP
Environmental Law Alert… Read more
- February 1, 2014New Jersey Environmental Law Handbook, Eighth Edition
Katherine Riopel contributed to the eighth edition of the New Jersey Environmental Law Handbook published by The Berman Press.… Read more
Awards & Honors
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2014-2017