Jonathan C. Schwartz’s diverse background allows him to handle a broad array of business-related litigation, including class action lawsuits, at both the trial and appellate levels as well as in arbitration.
With a focus in the areas of finance and commerce, Jon represents brokerage firms, investment banks, hedge funds, and registered representatives in customer disputes and regulatory actions. He also serves as counsel to international and domestic companies and entrepreneurs in complex commercial matters involving contracts, warranties, product liability, negligence, fraud, fiduciary duties, and consumer protection.
In law school, Jon was the Research Editor for the University of Florida Journal of Law & Public Policy and a member of the Dean’s List. He also earned Book Awards for the highest grades in his Legal Research & Writing and Comparative Constitutional History courses and was recognized for his commitment to pro bono service. Jon interned for a United States Senator and clerked for the Florida Attorney General’s Office, the Office of the Public Defender for Florida’s Eighth Judicial Circuit, and a judge in Florida’s Seventeenth Judicial Circuit.
News & Publications
- January 5, 2017Bressler Promotes Four Attorneys to Principal and Two to Counsel
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. announced today the promotions of Ronald J. Campione, Dennis E. Kadian, Jonathan C. Schwartz and Jaime H. Scivley to principal and Brian… Read more
- August 8, 2016Cooperation Credit in Enforcement Proceedings: The Importance of Independence
Securities regulators and enforcement agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), have programs in place t… Read more
- June 9, 20163 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that three firm attorneys have been selected to the 2016 Florida Rising Stars list. The list appears in the Flori… Read more
- February 25, 2016Securities 101: A Circuit Split in the Standard for Pleading Loss Causation in Securities Fraud Cases
Most securities fraud cases are brought under section 10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 10b-5 promulgated by the Securities and Exchange Commissi… Read more
- June 11, 20152 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that two firm attorneys have been selected to the 2015 Florida Rising Stars list. The list appears in the Florida… Read more
- June 19, 2014United States Supreme Court Holds that Funds Contained in an Inherited Individual Retirement Account Do Not Qualify as "Retirement Funds" and Therefore are Not Exempt from a Debtor's Bankruptcy Estate
- June 10, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorneys Selected as 2014 Florida Rising Stars
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that three Firm attorneys have been named to the 2014 Florida Rising Stars list. Jonathan C. Schwartz- Business L… Read more
- April 30, 2014The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Declines to Impose a Duty on a Custodian Bank to Protect a Customer From an Investment Adviser’s Fraud, and Enforces a Customer’s Duty to Time
- June 17, 2013Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorneys Named to the 2013 Florida Rising Stars List
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that two Firm attorneys have been named to the 2013 Florida Rising Stars list. Jonathan C. Schwartz- Commercial L… Read more
- May 17, 2013Florida Supreme Court Decides Statute of Limitations Applies To Arbitrations