Rob, an associate in the firm’s Trusts and Estate group, focuses his practice in New Jersey, New York, and Florida. He is experienced in probate litigation, estate and guardianship administration, and estate planning. He earned a Legal Master’s degree (LL.M.) in Estate Planning from the University of Miami School of Law.
Rob has litigated multi-million dollar probate matters involving will contests, breaches of fiduciary duties, trusts, and contested guardianships. He also drafts wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, insurance trusts, trust amendments, powers of attorney, living wills, advanced directives, codicils, and related documents. Rob assists clients funding trusts, making gifts, and transferring assets. He represents laypersons and professional fiduciaries to administer estates, trusts, and guardianships.
Following his graduation from Seton Hall University School of Law, Rob served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable William A. Daniel in Union County, New Jersey.
Rob taught Introduction to Probate and Estate Planning at the Heckerling Graduate Program in Estate Planning at the University of Miami School of Law.
In 2013, Rob received a Pro Bono Service Award from Put Something Back, a program through the Dade Legal Aid that matches attorneys with clients in need of legal services in Miami, Florida. Rob was selected to the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC).
News & Publications
- June 9, 20174 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers
Bressler is pleased to announce that four firm attorneys have been selected to the 2017 Florida Rising Stars list.… Read more
- May 24, 2017Robert Segear Graduates from the Florida Fellows Institute of ACTEC
Florham Park, New Jersey – May 24, 2017 - Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that Robert C. Segear has graduated from Class II of the Florida Fellow… Read more
- August 26, 2016Robert Segear accepted into the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
Bressler attorney Robert C. Segear has been accepted into the Class II of the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (“AC… Read more
- June 9, 20163 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that three firm attorneys have been selected to the 2016 Florida Rising Stars list. The list appears in the Flori… Read more
- Selected to the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars,” 2016, 2017
- Pro Bono Service Award, Put Something Back, 2013