Joelle Simms is an associate in the firm’s Florida office and focuses her practice on securities, financial services, and insurance litigation. She specializes in the representation of broker-dealers and registered representatives in customer and employment disputes, including expungement proceedings, in state and federal court, and in arbitration proceedings throughout the United States before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Joelle has experience defending corporate clients in complex commercial and tort litigation, including class action litigation, as well as regulatory compliance matters in both state and federal courts. Joelle also defends insurance companies in first-party property litigation.
A cum laude graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, Joelle was a Dean’s Merit Scholarship recipient, served as a staff editor of the University of Miami Law Review, and authored a published Note while in law school. She received her undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Richmond, where she was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.
News & Publications
- October 13, 2015FINRA Continues To Tighten Lid On Expungements
As most in the industry know, under the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s (Finra) current reporting structure, a customer complaint appears on a financial ad… Read more
- October 1, 201511th Circ. Creates Flexibility For Courts On FLSA Suits
Law360, New York (October 1, 2015, 11:27 AM ET) In a case involving one of the many unpaid internship arrangements under today’s graduate programs, the Eleventh Circ… Read more
- September 21, 2015Eleventh Circuit Reverses Summary Judgment Entered Against Unpaid Interns Suing Under the FLSA
Labor and Employment Law Alert… Read more
- November 1, 2012Court Case May Help Financial Advisors Clean Up BrokerCheck Records
As those in the financial industry are keenly aware, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (Finra) has made concentrated efforts over the past few years to inc… Read more
- May 14, 2012Bressler Welcomes Joelle Achtman Simms to its Florida Office
On April 19, 2012, Andrée Laney was a speaker at the Breakfast Seminar "Maximize your Return: The Benefits of Wellness." The seminar was hosted by AxisPointe, … Read more
- January 1, 2009Pico Takes a Visit to Cuba: Will Pretext Become Precedent in the Eleventh Circuit