“Every problem has a solution — and I am uniquely qualified to find that solution in the most efficient and highly effective way possible. With a streamlined and flexible approach, I am able to provide superior results at a much lower cost than counsel at many larger firms.”
Angela Turiano focuses in the representation of brokerage firms and individual registered representatives in customer and employment arbitrations and litigation. Angela has worked as in-house counsel for two major securities firms, so she understands, from an internal perspective, the highly specific needs of her clients. Known for her composure and her commitment to achieving results, Angela’s clients also value that she serves as a FINRA Arbitrator. On many occasions, her experience in this capacity has benefited them greatly in terms of navigating beyond FINRA related obstacles.
Angela is a practiced trial lawyer who has appeared on behalf of corporate clients in New York federal and state courts and in arbitrations before various self-regulatory organizations. In addition to her extensive work in the securities arena, Angela has also represented individuals in both state and federal criminal prosecutions, from inception through trial. Prior to entering private practice, Angela served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office, where she prosecuted and successfully brought to trial multiple felony cases including Burglary, Narcotics Sale, Robbery and Kidnapping.
Highly respected throughout the financial services industry, Angela is an active speaker in the securities community, including speaking engagements at the renowned NYU Stern School of Business and client firm roundtables and compliance conferences. She also served as a panelist for the American Conference Institute, where she has lectured on the latest trends in securities litigation.
Angela partners with corporate clients to provide free legal advice at the Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project (NELP) small business legal clinic, as well as volunteers annually as a mock arbitrator/trial judge in various law school competitions. Angela also speaks annually at the Lincoln High School Career Day in Yonkers, NY. When Angela is not practicing law, she enjoys cooking, running, golf and skiing. With her infant son in hand, you can find Angela at the Jersey Shore, whether at the beach in the summer, picking pumpkins in the fall or sitting by the fire in the winter months.
Notable Representative Matters:
- Bryan v. UBS, where Angela represented UBS in an arbitration involving alleged improper recommendation of private equity funds, and where all claims, including $2.255 million in damages, were dismissed
- Hulber v. Wachovia, where Angela represented Wachovia in an arbitration involving allegations of unsuitably and overconcentration, and where all claims, including $350,000 in damages, were dismissed and expungement was granted, June 7, 2011
- Morehead v. Wachovia, where Angela represented Wachovia in seminal case involving Wells Fargo financial planning program called “Envision,” and where all claims, including $350,000 in damages, were denied and expungement was granted, October 29, 2010
- Myers v. Wachovia, where Angela represented Wachovia in an arbitration involving allegations of an unsuitable purchase and sale of a variable annuity, and where all claims, including $750,000 in damages, were dismissed and was expungement granted, October 6, 2010
- Wave2Wave Communications Inc. v. Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC and Wells Fargo & Co. et al., New Jersey State Court granted Angela’s motion to dismiss a $5 million fraud claim against Wells Fargo
Product Issues/Specialized Representation:
- On litigation team responsible for management of Merrill Lynch UPS employee concentrated, leveraged position matters, and where representation has resulted in the resolution of these matters for a fraction of the claimed damages, as well as expungements for the financial advisors involved
- Responsible for regional UBS matters involving allegations of unsuitable recommendation of leveraged ETFs resulting in favorable settlements
News & Publications
- June 5, 2013Female Attorneys of Color Continue to Struggle in Corporate Law Departments
To view the article, download the PDF.… Read more
- May 16, 2013Bressler Partners with UBS to Volunteer at the Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project's Legal Clinic
Stefanie Wayco, Tracey Salmon-Smith, David Hantman, Angela Turiano, Frank Cuccio and Jon Kaplon partnered with UBS to volunteer at the Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law … Read more
- January 14, 2013FINRA Arbitration Choice: Considerations for IAs
Traditionally, disagreements between registered investment advisers and their customers have been resolved in state and federal courts or before arbitration forums s… Read more
- September 6, 2012Gender Gap in Equity Partnership Improves at a Slow Pace
While the vast majority of law firms offer various programs and initiatives aimed at promoting women, the actual percentage of women promoted to equity partner has i… Read more
- May 9, 2012Maintaining Friendships Between In-House and Outside Counsel
There are many circumstances where lawyers and clients maintain friendships without issue. For example, the family lawyer who after 20+ years of service is considere… Read more
- January 3, 2012Bressler Elects New Principals
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that Angela A. Turiano and Mark D. Knoll have become Principals of the firm. Angela A. Turiano will continue her … Read more
- December 16, 2011NAWL Finds That Fewer Female Lawyers Are Entering Big-Firm Practice
The National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) recently released the results of their Survey on the Retention and Promotion of Women in Law Firms, which found, for… Read more
- November 14, 2011The Importance of Promoting Yourself as a Female Attorney
As a young lawyer, I made the mistake of thinking that hard work was enough. If I produced quality work product and won the majority of my cases, my career would be … Read more
- April 6, 2017New York State Bar Association Securities Arbitration and Mediation 2017: The Courage to Simplify
The Securities Arbitration and Mediation 2017 seminar and webcast will take place Thursday, April 6, 2017 from 9:00am – 4:30pm at 1540 Broadway in New York.… Read more
- April 7, 2014Getting Personal with Securities Litigation in 2014
On April 7, 2014, Angela A. Turiano will be a presenter at a roundtable discussion entitled "Getting Personal with Securities Litigation in 2014." To find out more, … Read more
- January 24, 2013GOAL Webinar: Maximizing the Value Relationship Between In-House and Outside Counsel"
On January 24, 2013, Angela Turiano, Member, and Tracey Salmon-Smith, Counsel, of Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. will participate in the Goal Outstanding Association o… Read more
- December 1, 2012Compliance Roundtable, First Clearing
Angela Turiano will present "Mock Arbitrations" at the Compliance Roundtable, First Clearing in St. Louis, MO in December of 2012.… Read more
- June 1, 2012Wells Fargo Advisors Branch Manager Conference
Angela Turiano will present on "Mock Arbitrations" at the Wells Fargo Advisors Branch Manager Conference in June 2012 in St. Louis, MO.… Read more