Lauren Fenton-Valdivia is an associate in the firm’s Litigation department. Lauren has represented clients in a variety of litigation matters, including those involving complex commercial, professional liability, labor and employment, and environmental disputes. Lauren has experience in large scale, multi-district class action matters, and routinely practices in the courts of New York and New Jersey.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren was an associate at McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP in its Commercial Services Group. Lauren also served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas M. Moore, J.S.C.
Lauren received her B.A., cum laude, in Political Science from Rutgers University, Rutgers College in 2008, where she was a member of the Honors Thesis Program, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Iota and was a Henry Rutgers Scholar and Carr Scholar. Lauren received her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2011. At Seton Hall, Lauren was a Presidential Scholar, Dorothy Day Scholar, and a student lawyer in the Civil Litigation Clinic.
Lauren is admitted to practice in the states of New Jersey and New York and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
News & Publications
- January 30, 2017Career Progression – Moving Sideways and Diagonally to Move Forward
American Bar Association, (January 30, 2017) Theglasshammer.com’s Nneka Orji’s recent article, “Career Progression – Moving Sideways and Diagonally to Move Forward” … Read more
- July 25, 2016New York and New Jersey Differ on Defining a Law Firm General Counsel's "Client"
Client Alert… Read more
- May 23, 2016Could Failing to Google Potential Jurors Land You in Trouble?
Within the last few years, bar associations, courts and the media alike have paid much attention to one particular ethics issue affecting every trial attorney: wheth… Read more
- July 31, 2015NJ Appellate Division Affirms a Website's Standing to Fend Off Subpoenas to Disclose its Users' Identities
Business Litigation Alert… Read more
- February 18, 2015New York Court of Appeals Sets New Standard In Legal Malpractice Actions
Professional Liability Alert… Read more
- October 27, 2014Bressler Welcomes Lauren Fenton-Valdivia to the Commercial Litigation Practice Group
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. welcomes new associate, Lauren Fenton-Valdivia, to the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group. Lauren was most recently an associat… Read more
- June 29, 2016Current Ethical Issues for In-House Counsel
On June 29, 2016, Principal Michael Hensley and Associate Lauren Fenton-Valdivia will present a CLE program to in-house counsel in Madison, NJ. The program will cons… Read more
- February 3, 2016NJICLE Webinar - Navigating the Default Judgment & Beyond
Principal Michael Hensley and Associate Lauren Fenton-Valdivia will be leading a New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education webinar titled, "Navigating the … Read more
- December 4, 2015Privilege and Waiver Ethical Issues for Corporate Counsel
On December 3, 2015, Principal Michael Hensley and Associate Lauren Fenton-Valdivia will present a CLE program to in-house counsel in West Palm Beach, Florida. The… Read more