Emily is an associate in the Firm's Labor and Employment group.
Prior to joining Bressler, Amery & Ross, Emily worked as a law fellow for the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Office of Counsel. Emily conducted fact investigation and presented arguments before the Alabama Board of Adjustment and assisted in investigation of and preparing responses to Office of Civil Rights complaints. She was also responsible for drafting transactional documents including research and sales agreements, and drafting motions associated with constitutional and health care law.
Emily earned her J.D. from The University of Alabama School of Law and her B.A. from Mercer University.
Awards & Honors
- Lead Editor of The Journal of the Legal Profession
- Best Papers: Decedents' Estates, Employment Discrimination, Health Care Law, Health Care Liability
- Recipient of the James E. Smith Award for Best Comment in The Journal of the Legal Profession, 2016; Settling for Six: Should the American Bar Association Have Done More to Promote Experiential Learning in Law Schools?, 39 J. Legal Prof. (Spring 2015)
- Recipient of the Balch & Bingham L.L.P. Harold A. Bowron, Jr. Labor and Employment Law Award, 2016
- Recipient of the Dean's Community Service Award, 2016