Katie M. Kimbrell is an associate with the firm’s Labor and Employment and Securities Litigation and Regulation groups. Katie maintains an active, national litigation practice.
Her securities practice is primarily devoted to the representation of brokerage firms and financial institutions in claims asserted by customers in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings throughout the country.
Katie also handles a wide variety of labor and employment law matters and specializes in employment litigation claims involving brokerage firms and other financial institutions. Katie represents and advises clients in a wide variety of employment law matters, including ERISA litigation and claims arising under Title VII, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other analogous state discrimination and tort laws.
In addition, Katie represents clients in a broad array of consumer and complex commercial litigation claims. Her experience has ranged from nationwide class actions to civil RICO litigation.
When Katie is not practicing law, she is active in her community and serves on the Young Supporters Board of the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center and volunteers with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). Before attending law school, Katie worked as a television news producer.
- October 10, 2017Bressler’s Katie Kimbrell and Preston Martin Selected as Honorees in the Birmingham Business Journal's Rising Star Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that Katie Kimbrell and Preston Martin, attorneys in the firm’s Litigation group, have been selected as honorees in the… Read more
- December 5, 2016Bressler Selected as 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year By Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program
Bressler has been selected as the 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year by Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (BBVLP).… Read more
- July 31, 2016Katie Kimbrell Selected as a "Birmingham's Finest" Honoree by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that Katie Kimbrell, an attorney in the firm’s Labor and Employment and Securities groups, has been selected as one… Read more
- June 17, 2016Katie Kimbrell Selected for Birmingham Bar Association Future Leaders Forum
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that Katie Kimbrell, an attorney in the firm’s Labor and Employment and Securities groups, has been selected to be a me… Read more
- May 27, 2016Bressler Named a Winner of 2016 Alabama Legal Food Frenzy Competition
Bressler, Amery & Ross collected 6,375 pounds of food or just over 159 pounds per person for the Community Food Bank of Central Alabama to be named the medium law fi… Read more
- April 28, 2016BBA Young Lawyers Section Charity Trivia Night
Bressler was a proud sponsor of the Birmingham Bar Association (“BBA”) Young Lawyers Section Charity Trivia Night on April 28. The event, benefitting the Firehouse S… Read more
- February 26, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Continues Growth in New Birmingham Office
Bressler represents clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters NEW YORK, FEBRUARY 26, 2014 – Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is ple… Read more
- January 1, 2014The Extraterritorial Defense: A Border to RICO Claims Arising from International Transactions