“Securities arbitration has become more sophisticated across the board. State-of-the-art technology makes my counsel more cost effective for clients.”
For more than three decades, clients have relied on Larry’s skills in securities litigation, securities and commercial arbitrations — both domestic and international — and regulatory matters at the state and federal levels. He has represented hundreds of clients in securities fraud class action suits, securities arbitrations, internal fraud investigations, and complex commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels.
Larry’s depth of knowledge and experience amply prepares his clients to successfully defend cases involving the most complex issues. Larry’s experience is both broad and deep, and has included the defense of claims relating to:
- Securities fraud
- Consumer fraud
- Structured products
- Auction rate securities
- Leveraged municipal bond funds
- Leveraged ETFs
- Employee stock option plans
- PIPE transactions
- Real estate limited partnerships
- Complex derivatives
Clients seek Larry’s insight and talent for offering clear analyses of complex legal issues. His innovative thinking produces tangible results for securities and corporate firms, financial institutions, and their officers and directors.
Larry is a member of Bressler's Senior Issues: Counseling and Litigation Defense group. The lawyers in this group have a shared interest in providing counsel to corporate clients who confront issues affecting seniors.
Larry writes prolifically and publishes often in the area of securities litigation and arbitration. He has been featured in a variety of publications, including the New York Law Journal, the Broker-Dealer Dispute Report, Securities & Commodities Regulation and Securities News. He speaks frequently about securities law issues before professional organizations. He has been a featured speaker at the ABA Annual Meeting, before the ABA Securities Litigation Committee, as well as for the National Institute of Arbitration, among many others.
Larry’s career highlights have included:
- Obtained dismissal on motion to dismiss of a $500 million arbitration claim for indemnification against a major securities broker-dealer
- Obtained dismissal on motion for summary judgment and successfully argued appeal before the 2d Circuit Court of Appeals on $12 million fraud claim brought by foreign national against securities firm
- Obtained dismissal on motion for summary judgment in multi-million dollar securities fraud action against adviser to individuals who invested in bankrupt hedge fund, affirmed by 2d Circuit Court of Appeals
- Obtained dismissal on motion to dismiss of foreign national defendants in multi-million dollar securities fraud class action
- Represented securities firm in federal bankruptcy action and parallel state court action alleging fraudulent conveyance and conversion of $80 million in bonds
- Obtained favorable award for foreign state governmental agency in international arbitration alleging misconduct in complex international countertrade transaction
- Conducted internal investigation for audit committee of major corporation involved in securities fraud class action and U.S. government agency investigation
- Represented securities firms and research analysts in numerous research analyst conflict cases
- Represented numerous issuers in securities fraud class actions brought under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995