"My goal is to provide clients with clear, cost effective defense strategies and solutions for resolving claims."
Kathryn Perreault's practice focuses on the defense of brokerage firms and financial institutions against claims asserted by customers in state and federal court and in arbitration proceedings nationwide. Clients also rely on Kathryn for her experience defending mortgage lenders and servicers against claims brought under federal lending statutes and state common law. In addition, she has represented clients in purported class action lawsuits, contractual disputes and labor and employment matters.
Kathryn's recent achievements include obtaining summary judgment in the Northern District of Alabama on behalf of one of the nation's largest mortgage lenders and servicers. Plaintiffs' claims in that action included alleged violations of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and common law fraud. Kathryn also successfully arbitrated a matter for a global financial services firm, resulting in a $0 award for the claimant and the expungement of the complaint from the financial advisor's record.
In addition to her legal work, Kathryn is dedicated to the communities in which she lives and works. Kathryn serves as Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for the Leading Edge Institute, which conducts a nine month leadership institute for college women in Alabama every year. Kathryn is also a Volunteer Lawyer for the Alabama Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, an organization that works to achieve systemic policy reforms benefiting low income and unrepresented groups in Alabama. In 2011, Alabama Appleseed honored Kathryn with its "Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award." Kathryn also serves on the Advisory Board for Samford University's Honors Program.
Outside of her legal practice, Kathryn is an active member of the American Bar Association's Section of Litigation and currently serves as web editor for the Securities Litigation Committee. Additionally, she maintains affiliations with the Alabama Bar Association and the Women's Section of the Birmingham Bar Association.
- June 21, 2018Janell Ahnert and Kathryn Perreault Selected as B-Metro's Top Women Attorneys 2018
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that Janell Ahnert and Kathryn Perreault have been selected to B-Metro's Top Women Attorneys 2018 list.… Read more
- April 18, 2018Bressler Birmingham Attorneys Recognized by B-Metro Magazine
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that three firm attorneys have been selected to B-Metro's Top Lawyers 2018 list.… Read more
- November 9, 2016Bressler Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers' Top Listings
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 13 lawyers have been named to Super Lawyers' Top Listings. Two lawyers have been recognized among the Top 5… Read more
- May 5, 2015Bressler’s Birmingham Office Volunteers at First Light
Bressler’s Birmingham office is proud to once again support and volunteer with First Light, a center for homeless women and children. On May 5, Bressler attorneys … Read more
- April 30, 201512 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Alabama Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that eight firm attorneys have been selected to the 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers list and four attorneys were selec… Read more
- February 26, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Continues Growth in New Birmingham Office
Bressler represents clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters NEW YORK, FEBRUARY 26, 2014 – Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is ple… Read more
- February 3, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Enhances National Strength with New Group in Birmingham, AL
Representing clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters… Read more
- November 15, 2017Kathryn Perreault to Moderate Panel at ABA Conference: Women in Litigation
The ABA Section of Litigation is partnering with the Woman Advocate Committee (WAC), Women in Insurance Network (WIN), Women in Products Liability (WIPL), and Women … Read more
Awards & Honors
- Recognized in B-Metro Magazine, "Top Women Attorneys" List, 2018
- Recognized in B-Metro Magazine, "Top Lawyers" List, 2018
- Recognized on the Mid-South Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars" List, 2015-2016
- Recipient of the "Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award," Alabama Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, 2011