Kathryn Dietrich Perreault is a Principal of the firm and a member of Bressler’s Partnership Tracking Committee. Practicing in all aspects of complex litigation, Kathryn has litigated, arbitrated, and advised clients in a variety of areas, including securities, regulatory investigations, employment disputes, and mortgage litigation matters.
Kathryn’s recent achievements include obtaining summary judgment in the Northern District of Alabama on behalf of one of the nation’s largest mortgage lenders and servicers. Plaintiffs’ claims in that action included alleged violations of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and common law fraud. Kathryn also successfully arbitrated a matter for a global financial services firm, resulting in a $0 award for the claimant and the expungement of the complaint from the financial advisor’s record.
In addition to her legal work, Kathryn serves as an adjunct professor in Samford University’s Financial Services Compliance LL.M program, where she teaches students about anti-money laundering laws and regulations. She also serves as a Volunteer Lawyer for the Alabama Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, an organization that works to achieve systemic policy reforms benefiting low income and unrepresented groups in Alabama.
Outside of her legal practice, Kathryn is an active member of the American Bar Association's Section of Litigation and currently serves as a member of the Content Management Committee. She is also a founding member of Southeastern Women in Financial Services (SWIFS). Kathryn also maintains affiliations with the Alabama Bar Association and the Women's Section of the Birmingham Bar Association.
Kathryn received her law degree from Cumberland School of Law, where she graduated summa cum laude and served as Editor-in-Chief of the Cumberland Law Review. She is licensed to practice in both Alabama and Florida.
- June 21, 2018Janell Ahnert and Kathryn Perreault Selected as B-Metro's Top Women Attorneys 2018
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that Janell Ahnert and Kathryn Perreault have been selected to B-Metro's Top Women Attorneys 2018 list.… Read more
- April 18, 2018Bressler Birmingham Attorneys Recognized by B-Metro Magazine
Bressler, Amery & Ross is pleased to announce that three firm attorneys have been selected to B-Metro's Top Lawyers 2018 list.… Read more
- November 9, 2016Bressler Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers' Top Listings
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that 13 lawyers have been named to Super Lawyers' Top Listings. Two lawyers have been recognized among the Top 5… Read more
- May 5, 2015Bressler’s Birmingham Office Volunteers at First Light
Bressler’s Birmingham office is proud to once again support and volunteer with First Light, a center for homeless women and children. On May 5, Bressler attorneys … Read more
- April 30, 201512 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Alabama Super Lawyers
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that eight firm attorneys have been selected to the 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers list and four attorneys were selec… Read more
- February 26, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Continues Growth in New Birmingham Office
Bressler represents clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters NEW YORK, FEBRUARY 26, 2014 – Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is ple… Read more
- February 3, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. Enhances National Strength with New Group in Birmingham, AL
Representing clients nationally in employment, securities, regulatory & litigation matters… Read more
- November 13-15, 2019Kathryn Perreault and Sarah Yates to Participate in the ABA Women in Litigation Conference
Bressler attorneys Kathryn Perreault and Sarah Yates will participate in the ABA Litigation Section's Women in Litigation Joint CLE Conference in Chicago on November… Read more
- November 15, 2017Kathryn Perreault to Moderate Panel at ABA Conference: Women in Litigation
The ABA Section of Litigation is partnering with the Woman Advocate Committee (WAC), Women in Insurance Network (WIN), Women in Products Liability (WIPL), and Women … Read more
Awards & Honors
- Recognized in B-Metro Magazine, "Top Women Attorneys" List, 2018
- Recognized in B-Metro Magazine, "Top Lawyers" List, 2018
- Recognized on the Mid-South Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars" List, 2015-2016
- Recipient of the "Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award," Alabama Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, 2011