“My in-house experience over many years of practice has positioned me to better serve my clients, as I understand first-hand the obstacles they face on a daily basis.”
Randi Perry Spallina joined Bressler having previously worked in-house at UBS Financial Services as an Associate General Counsel for almost eight years. At UBS, Randi was responsible for handling all phases of litigation and was involved with counseling branches on day-to-day matters. Prior to UBS, Randi was a commercial and securities litigator in private practice for nearly a decade at the law firm of Morgan, Lewis in both the firm’s Los Angeles and Miami offices. She has an extensive background in complex litigation with a particular emphasis on securities litigation and the representation of broker-dealers and their employees in arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
For over two decades, she has assisted individual and corporate clients in both simple and complex matters with an eye toward a cost effective resolution. Results driven, Randi advocates for her clients’ best interests whether in the arena of alternative dispute resolution or litigation. Complementing her litigation background, Randi is also a FINRA arbitrator.
Randi has served as a guardian ad litem and has represented pro bono clients in guardianship, conservatorship and adoption proceedings. She has also volunteered for Florida Justice Teaching, a program that pairs a legal professional with a public school to promote an understanding of Florida’s justice system.
- Successfully obtained expungements for financial advisors in numerous FINRA cases
- Successfully defended a securities principal and director of retail of a member firm in an NASD enforcement proceeding, Department of Enforcement v. Kernweis, et al. (2000)
- Successfully defended a public company after a lengthy bench trial and obtained substantial fees and expert costs in an unfair business practice case brought by the Attorney General of the State of California, People ex rel. Lockyer v. Fremont General Corp. (2001)
- On behalf of a major oil company, successfully obtained the dismissal of an injunction to shut down an oil pipeline from Canada to the United States
- Defense of numerous lawsuits and arbitrations arising from the 2007-2009 financial crisis and from the technology stock market crash of the early 2000s
- Representation of Merrill Lynch in the multi-billion dollar litigation brought against it by Orange County and other California municipalities in the wake of the Orange County bankruptcy
- June 28, 2010Bressler Welcomes Six Attorneys from UBS Financial Services
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce the arrival of six securities litigators from UBS Financial Services. Wes Holston, Principal, Bressler, Amery & R… Read more
- May 9, 2018Bressler Attorneys Participate in Fort Lauderdale Great Strides Walk
Bressler attorneys Joelle Simms, Wes Holston, Tanya Lambrechts, Randi Spallina, and Corey Stern are participating in the 2018 Fort Lauderdale Great Strides Walk to b… Read more