“Give the client the best possible advice without regard for your own financial circumstances. In other words, put the client’s interests above your own, and in doing so, foster a long and mutually beneficial relationship.”
Coren Stern practices in the firm’s Securities Litigation and Regulation practice group. He concentrates his practice in securities related arbitrations, mediation, regulation and trial and appellate commercial litigation. Coren’s experience includes the representation of national and regional broker-dealers, clearing brokers and registered representatives in a variety of contexts, including customer initiated complaints, debit recovery claims, common law claims and litigation involving tax shelters. Coren has appeared on his clients’ behalf in federal and state courts, as well as before arbitration panels sitting under the auspices of self-regulatory organizations such as FINRA and its predecessors, the NYSE and NASD.
Coren also represents doctors and health care facilities in a variety of contexts, ranging from medical collections, contract review and negotiation, employment and labor issues, and other generalized litigation and regulatory issues that pertain to medical practitioners. Coren has experience dealing with payment and collection issues, with specific issues presented by out-of-network providers and direct patient reimbursement, and has advised a number of health care providers on best practices with respect to collecting on their outstanding accounts receivable. Coren successfully represented a physician named in a federal civil rights lawsuit, as well as a medical practice identified as a creditor in a bankruptcy proceeding.
Coren has experience representing publicly-held corporations in connection with SEC investigations and in lawsuits brought pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. He also has commercial litigation experience representing companies in tort related lawsuits, including the defense of major multinational conglomerates in hazardous waste environmental coverage litigation, as well as telecommunications companies in large scale contract arbitrations. In addition, Coren successfully represented a mentally retarded and handicapped child in an Americans with Disabilities Act dispute.
Coren received a Juris Doctor from Boston College Law School and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Yale University. While at Yale, Coren was selected as the class historian for the graduating class of 1996, and was chosen to deliver a speech at the University’s commencement proceedings. During his tenure at Yale, Coren also served as an Intern at the White House, working in the Clinton Administration’s Office of Public Liaison.
Coren lives in Plantation, Florida with his wife and two boys. In his spare time, he dabbles in home improvement and runs the occasional half-marathon.
- Successfully defended three financial advisors in a multi-million dollar arbitration brought against them for unauthorized trading, securing not only a complete dismissal, but expungement of the claim from the clients’ records
- Represented a major international brokerage firm in a $30 million dollar probate dispute in which it was alleged that the firm allowed the accounts at issue to be overconcentrated in its own publicly-traded stock
- Successfully defended an international financial services firm in an arbitration brought against them relating to Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac preferred stock
- Secured a complete dismissal in a federal court civil rights action brought against a medical practitioner by a prisoner, in which it was alleged that the doctor failed to provide adequate medical treatment
- June 10, 2014Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorneys Selected as 2014 Florida Rising Stars
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that three Firm attorneys have been named to the 2014 Florida Rising Stars list. Jonathan C. Schwartz- Business L… Read more
- January 21, 2013Coren Stern Quoted in iawatch.com
Coren Stern was quote in a January 21, 2013 article published on IAWatch.com on Keeping Tabs on Text… Read more
- January 3, 2011Bressler Elects New Principals
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. is pleased to announce that associates Michael T. Hensley and Coren H. Stern have become Principals of the firm. Michael T. Hensley prac… Read more
- June 9, 2018Principal Corey Stern to Participate in D10 Decathlon
Principal Corey Stern will be participating in the D10 Decathlon, taking place June 9, 2018 in New York City at Columbia University's Wien Stadium to support pediatr… Read more
- May 9, 2018Bressler Attorneys Participate in Fort Lauderdale Great Strides Walk
Bressler attorneys Joelle Simms, Wes Holston, Tanya Lambrechts, Randi Spallina, and Corey Stern are participating in the 2018 Fort Lauderdale Great Strides Walk to b… Read more
- June 11, 2017D10 Decathlon in New York City
Bressler Principal Corey Stern will be participating in the D10 Decathlon, taking place June 11, 2017 in New York City at Columbia University's Wien Stadium to suppo… Read more
- May 7, 2015NRS Investment Adviser and Broker-Dealer Compliance Conference
Coren Stern will participate in a mock arbitration titled “Enacting an Arbitration: Lessons for IAs and BDs” at the NRS 30th Spring Investment Adviser and Broker-Dea… Read more
- April 17, 2015Getting Paid: Strategies and Best Practices
The Affordable Care Act has resulted in higher levels of patient responsibility and physicians have become frustrated with getting reimbursed for their care. In this… Read more
- July 31, 2012Social Media and the Financial Industry. Registered representatives looking to grow their client base will always try and “pushthe envelope,” which may soon mean more interaction with potential and cu