Sarah Yates is an associate with the firm’s Securities practice group. Her practice focuses primarily on the defense of brokerage firms and financial institutions against claims asserted by customers in state and federal court and in arbitration proceedings throughout the country.
Sarah is a member of Bressler's Senior Issues: Counseling and Litigation Defense group. The lawyers in this group have a shared interest in providing counsel to corporate clients who confront issues affecting seniors.
Sarah received both her J.D. and B.A. from the University of Alabama. While in law school, Sarah served as Executive Editor of the Alabama Law Review and was a member of the Protective Life National Moot Court team. Sarah began her career as a law clerk to the Honorable W. Harold Albritton of the Middle District of Alabama.
- December 5, 2016Bressler Selected as 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year By Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program
Bressler has been selected as the 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year by Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (BBVLP).… Read more
- July 24, 2015Bressler's Birmingham Office Volunteers at First Light
Bressler’s Birmingham office is proud to once again support and volunteer with First Light, a center for homeless women and children. On July 24, Bressler attorney… Read more
- May 5, 2015Bressler’s Birmingham Office Volunteers at First Light
Bressler’s Birmingham office is proud to once again support and volunteer with First Light, a center for homeless women and children. On May 5, Bressler attorneys … Read more
- March 2, 2015Bressler Welcomes Sarah K. Yates to the Securities Practice Group
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. welcomes new associate, Sarah Yates, to the firm’s Securities practice group. Sarah previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable W.… Read more
- July 6, 2018Bressler's Alabama Office Participates in Locked In: The Birmingham Escape Game
Bressler's Alabama office summer law clerks participated in an event at Locked In: The Birmingham Escape Game.… Read more
- August 22, 2018Law Blog: Investor Protection Requirements for Seniors and Vulnerable Adults
Alabama was one of the first states to enact legislation requiring certain financial institutions to report suspected financial exploitation of senior and other vuln… Read more