Due to our continued growth and commitment to providing clients with the highest quality legal representation, Bressler periodically seeks to hire bright, talented, and experienced individuals to join our team.
November 4, 2019
Labor & Employment Paralegal
Bressler, Amery & Ross is a law firm with 150+ lawyers and offices in four states and Washington, DC. Based in the firm’s Birmingham office, the Labor & Employment Paralegal will be assigned to support principals and associates in the labor & employment practice group in connection with litigation, arbitration, and mediation matters. Hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with a one-hour lunch break, Monday through Friday.
Primary tasks include:
- Document management and tracking.
- Database maintenance including facilitating electronic collections from clients, searching and filtering collected data, analysis of data.
- Review and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Assist with discovery requests and objections and responses
- Document production, including bates-stamping, redacting, and producing electronic documents.
- Provide support with drafting, proofing, editing, and filing of court briefings, including e-filing.
- Case tracking and calendaring.
- Interacting with clients and outside counsel.
- Assist with travel arrangements for trials, court, vendors, etc.
- Assist with binder preparation.
- Support other projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Entry level candidates interested in pursuing a legal career will be considered.
- Experience in commercial litigation helpful; employment experience highly desirable.
- E-filing experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Team player; provide back-up support when available and as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Commensurate amount of experience a consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.
Qualified candidates can send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA OFFICE
MIAMI, FLORIDA OFFICE
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
NEW YORK OFFICE