The Director of Human Resources is an experienced and collaborative professional with excellent communication skills and a passion for espousing the firm’s culture and supporting employees. This role serves as a resource and advisor to help guide strategic organizational decisions while upholding the firm’s core values. This position reports to the firm’s Executive Director and frequently engages with the Managing Principal, members of the Executive Committee, and Office Managing Principals.
- Partner with the Managing Principal, Executive Director, and Principals to advance the firm’s organizational goals and strategy.
- Reporting to the firm’s Executive Director, lead the overall Human Resources function. Strike the appropriate balance as leader, individual contributor, team player, and mentor.
- Responsible for the management of the members of the Human Resources team.
- Lead role in developing and executing best practices in key HR areas; establish HR metrics and oversee implementation, tracking, reporting, and benchmarking at regularly-scheduled intervals. Promote forward-thinking models to assess effectiveness of firm practices.
- Important to be approachable separately and together by management and employee population and instill a level of trust and confidence that matters are discreetly and fairly handled.
- Manage the firm’s relationships with external resources that are pertinent to Human Resources. Ensure the right systems and processes are in place to optimize the firm’s needs.
- Serve as point of contact for complex or sensitive employee relations issues.
- Identify non-exempt staffing and recruiting needs and manage execution. Oversee talent acquisition process; manage recruitment relationships.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Recommend best practices. Formulate and review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Keep employment-related manuals current; communicate changes.
- Active role in the influence and oversight of the firm’s largest expenditures: employee benefits and compensation. This includes benefit plan designs, open enrollment periods, compensation structures, salary and bonus reviews.
- Individual and team contributor for client reviews, RFPs, business insurance renewals, business and compensation surveys, internal and 401k audits. Serve as lead when warranted.
- Responsible for responding to client inquiries concerning, diversity and firm human capital information.
- Partnering with the firm’s Managing Principal, Executive Director, and Managing Director of Operation, serve is a leader role in formulating and implementing strategic initiatives in the key areas of Human Resources:
- Staffing and Recruitment
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Benefits – including plan design, contracts, amendments
- People and Performance Management, Employee Relations, Recognition
- Training and Development
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be currently certified as a senior professional with SHRM and HRCI.
- 15+ years’ Human Resources management experience in a legal/professional services environment.
- Strong understanding of a multidisciplinary professional service organization’s mission, strategies, and goals.
- Must have experience with comfortably interacting and influencing at the executive level.
- Champion of change management.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively and meet hard deadlines.
- Strong facilitator skills.
- Lead by example. Must possess strong ethics.
- Serve as advocate for employees while maintaining important balance with firm policies.
- Maintain awareness of regulations and their relevance to the organization.
- Effective communicator, oral and written.
- Must be very organized and have excellent follow-through.
- Working knowledge of a variety of MS and HRIS applications, including performance management and electronic benefits enrollment.
- Mathematical aptitude essential. Excel is a frequently used application for a variety of analyses.
- Flexible and able to travel to various firm offices.
- Experience with business expansion to various state and municipal locations.
To apply to this position online, click here, or send resume via email to: email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.