Bressler, Amery & Ross is a mid-sized law firm with over 150 lawyers and offices in 7 states, offering a broad range of legal services. Based at the firm’s Florham Park office, the Billing Coordinator will prepare attorney billing, both electronic and paper, review files to ensure accuracy and compliance with billing guidelines, follow up internally and externally as needed. The coordinator also monitors billing progress so that line items are captured and work in progress and other key components of the process are billed timely. Performing conflict searches may also be an essential function of the job. Work hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Some overtime is required when business needs arise.
- Law firm experience in a billing capacity is preferred.
- Experience with Elite or 3E accounting system preferred.
- Motivated, flexible to work extra hours as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ensure timely communications are sent to all appropriate parties such as supervisors, coworkers, attorneys, and clients.
- Escalate problems in a timely manner.
- Keep records of invoices and supporting documentation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to communicate with attorneys, staff and clients.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize matters and work within time constraints.
- Ability to handle a large volume of billing from initial matter intake through final bill production and submission.
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- High school diploma at a minimum.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.