Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C., a dynamic and growing national law firm, is looking for a Marketing and Business Development Specialist to join its Birmingham, AL office. As the Business Development Specialist, you will work on various initiatives supporting revenue-generating and general marketing and visibility opportunities for attorneys, practice areas, and industry teams. The candidate will be joining a growing group of highly collaborative individuals who work together on various marketing and business development initiatives and projects.
The Marketing & Business Development Specialist will help identify, develop and execute marketing initiatives to drive awareness for the firm. Specific areas of focus will include support for individual attorney business development meetings, pitches and RFPs, research, marketing content development, events and sponsorships, general business development activities, and more. Experience and knowledge of media and digital marketing, SEO, email and social media marketing, and content writing are essential and a huge asset.
Above all else, we are interested in people that are excited about working in a fast-paced environment. Most team members wear numerous hats, so the ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter interested in working with our team and making a measurable impact. The ideal candidate will have two - four years of experience in the legal and professional services marketing and business development roles. The ideal candidate is also a highly motivated individual who has impeccable communication skills (both verbal and written), is creative, enjoys brainstorming, is proactive, and can lead business development activity rather than simply taking ideas and delivering. The candidate must display integrity, impeccable service, and a "can-do" attitude. The position requires a high-energy and driven team player who can also work independently as a business development point person for the marketing department and the firm.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with Attorneys to develop and execute individual business development plans and contribute to the practice groups' business development plans, ensuring strategies and tactics are completed.
- Assist in maintaining a pipeline of opportunities; tracking results of pitches and proposals; providing timely ideas and other support to ensure consistent progress towards achieving business development goals;
- Prepares sophisticated, detailed, and persuasive pitch materials, including RFP responses and tailored marketing collateral, attorney profiles, PowerPoints, advertisements, invitations, pitches, and proposals.
- Record business development activities, efforts, and results in a department-wide tracking database.
- Produce and disseminate internal reports on previous and upcoming business development activities for individual attorneys, practice areas, and the firm overall.
- Reviews and researches companies, industries, and competitors related to pitches and other strategic initiatives
- Develops attorney, practice area, and industry insights and communicates recommendations and applicable information to lawyers.
- Contributes to market recognition efforts, including overseeing the development of legal directory submissions (Chambers USA, Best Law firms, etc.).
- Helps update and maintain the firm's experience and content management database and performs queries, and generates reports as needed.
- Supports the planning and execution of firm events, including seminars, webinars, client entertainment, and receptions, and coordinates sponsorships to leverage benefits fully.
- Supports marketing communications-related activities, such as website updates, improvements to attorney biographies, and online profiles, including LinkedIn. Helps update and maintain all of the firm's digital platforms (website, CRM system, review platform, social media, JDSupra, etc.)
- An undergraduate, 4-year degree in marketing, business, or related field preferred;
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in law firm or professional services marketing preferred;
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment;
- Needs to work well under pressure and be a strategic thinker, excellent problem-solver, and team player
- Strong computer skills. Advanced knowledge of Salesforce and other CRM systems is essential. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required;
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, presentation, and overall communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with limited supervision. Ability to work independently, follow up, follow-through, and take the initiative.
Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. provides its employees with a people-driven culture, meaningful work, competitive salaries, and a robust benefits package. Bressler is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
To apply to this position online, click here.
Send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via USPS: Human Resources, Bressler, Amery & Ross, 325 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.