Bressler, Amery & Ross, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national practice, seeks a Case Manager for its Miami or Fort Lauderdale office.
The Case Manager will support the trial team in the Insurance Defense practice group.
Case Manager Responsibilities
- Assist attorneys with all aspects of case management, including docketing deadlines, billing, appeals and providing reminders as necessary
- Coordinate between attorneys, staff, and outside vendors to manage each client’s case load, present case summaries/updates, and ensure that deadlines are met
- Organize and maintain all case files, and information concerning engagement, whether electronic or paper, in accordance with the law firm policies
- Draft legal documents for attorney review
- Review client agreements to ensure adherence to processes and requirements
- Consult with attorneys and provide recommendations with regard to cost and time-effective ways to accomplish the client’s goals
- Communicate case status with clients and outside counsel as requested
Case Manager Qualifications
- High school diploma is required - 2-year degree and Paralegal certification are acceptable, but a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Previous case management process experience is needed - preferably as a case manager, or related jobs such as paralegal, legal secretary, or legal assistant at a law firm
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet presentation, and case management software
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple matters at once
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills as well as effective communication skills, both written and oral
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.