Bressler, Amery & Ross is looking for an associate attorney to join a rapidly expanding, diversified healthcare and insurance regulatory group that is shaping the future of healthcare and health insurance in New Jersey and beyond. The group represents exciting growth companies in highly regulated M&A activity, commercial transactions and the development of healthcare plans, and the practice entails a combination of transactions, litigation, and regulatory compliance.
We are seeking a candidate with 3-5 years’ legal and/or compliance experience in property/casualty, life/health insurance regulatory transactional matters and/or regulatory investigations and enforcement actions, including market conduct examinations, financial examinations, and holding company matters. The ideal candidate should have familiarity with, or a keen interest in, counseling insurance companies as well as health plans and other healthcare organizations in commercial transactions, developing new products, building compliant policies, procedures and contracts, joint ventures, and M&A. Other valuable experience would be any experience interfacing with state or federal insurance and/or healthcare regulators, any experience defending insurance or healthcare regulatory enforcement actions, or otherwise litigating disputes regarding health benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school;
- Member in good standing of the New York and New Jersey state bars;
- Solid experience with New York and New Jersey state regulators in insurance and healthcare;
- Knowledge of state law is essential;
- Superb creativity, perseverance and reasoning abilities;
- Strong analytical skills used for complex legal issues;
- Ability to appraise, interpret and apply legal principles and precedents to difficult legal problems;
- Must be able to concisely and accurately communicate, both orally and in writing;
- Proficient in conducting legal research;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with others, including peers and partners of the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.