Bressler, Amery & Ross, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national practice, seeks a Help Desk Supervisor based in its’ Florham Park, NJ office.
The Help Desk Supervisor provides Tiers 1 – 2 Help Desk support to attorneys and staff by responding to and troubleshooting unexpected user and system issues as they occur. This position also supervises staff in the Help Desk workgroup by overseeing timely delivery of quality technical support service to its client base. Participate in planned maintenance procedures. Ensure compliance with firm technology and systems requirements. Assist the Director of IT with evaluation, implementation, and roll-out of technology solutions throughout the firm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development, upgrade, deployment, conversion, installation, maintenance, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems (Microsoft Windows and MacOS to a lesser degree), document management system, telephones (including smart phones), email, standard desktop applications, printers, and other standard end-user managed tools.
- Serve as a first point of contact for end-users seeking technical assistance; Tier 1 – 2 desktop support for all IT systems at the firm; determine best solution based on the issue and guide the end-user through the process.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting using diagnostic techniques.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
- Document, track, resolve and report on Help Desk requests and incidents.
- Provisioning and de-provisioning of equipment and accounts during end user on- and off-boarding.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and best practices for IT staff and end-users.
- Supervise and mentor Help Desk staff, identify developmental opportunities and solutions.
- Creation and upkeep of written documentation, system and user manuals, license agreements, modifications and upgrades.
- Maintain currency with latest technologies and make recommendations on solutions, upgrades, and implementations to meet business and system requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- Seven+ years’ progressive IT experience in a Help Desk capacity, including experience in a multi-office environment.
- Three + years’ supervisory experience.
- Advanced technical skills and experience, including operating systems, machine configurations, applications, networked devices, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Customer service demeanor and approach; ability to work with different disciplines, responsiveness, follow-up, and composure.
- Experience in a professional services organization preferred; law firm desirable.
- Initiative in leading projects and meet deadlines. Must be organized.
- Must be able to work discreetly when addressing technical issues that involve sensitive material.
- Flexibility to work during off-hours as needed to address end-user requests, system upgrades, etc.
- Some travel to firm offices is required.
Send resume via email to: email@example.com or via USPS: Human Resources, Bressler, Amery & Ross, 325 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.