Bressler, Amery & Ross, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national practice, seeks an Insurance Defense Associate in either of our Florida offices.
The associate attorney is responsible for assisting and/or managing a caseload, subject to Principal supervision, and will assist in the representation of clients in legal business transactions, arbitration, litigation, and regulatory investigations.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance to clients concerning business transactions, legal rights and obligations;
- Research and interpret laws, statutes, rulings and regulations to determine anticipated impact on client interest and cases;
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents;
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in case preparation;
- Prepare and draft legal documents for review by Principal;
- Confer with Principals and colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal advice and strategy for legal proceedings;
- Conducting and defending depositions and presenting oral arguments at court hearings
- Perform administrative functions related to the practice of law.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school;
- Member in good standing of the state bar;
- Knowledge of state law is essential;
- Superb creativity, perseverance, cognitive and reasoning abilities;
- Strong analytical skills used for complex legal issues;
- Ability to appraise, interpret and apply legal principles and precedents to difficult legal problems;
- Must be able to concisely and accurately communicate, both orally and in writing;
- Proficient in conducting legal research;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with others, including peers and Principals of the firm.
- Preferably 5-9 years of experience in first-party property insurance defense, as well as experience in defending insurer corporate representative and field adjuster depositions; However, we are willing to consider candidates with 5-9 years of legal practice experience in different areas of practice.
Send resume via email to: email@example.com or via USPS: Human Resources, Bressler, Amery & Ross, 325 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.