Bressler, Amery & Ross, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national practice, seeks a Tax, Trusts & Estates Paralegal for our Florham Park, NJ office.
The Paralegal will support and assist Principals and Associates in all aspects of Tax, Trusts & Estates, working with clients from a variety of backgrounds and varying levels of estate sophistication.
- Estate planning and administration.
- Tax-related preparation, including fiduciary income tax returns, estate and gift tax returns using tax preparation software.
- Prepare petitions for probate of wills and administrator appointment of fiduciaries.
- Preparation and filing of court papers for probate or administration proceedings, appointments or resignations of fiduciaries, disclaimers, inventory, and claims against estates.
- Preparation and review of accountings, receipts, and releases.
- Review of deposition summaries.
- Gathering and analyzing of documents.
- Perform legal research.
- Extensive client interaction.
- Organize case files and documents.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Support other projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education
- A minimum of a 4-year college degree.
- 5+ years’ paralegal experience.
- Certified New Jersey notary signing agent required.
- Experience in drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and health care documents.
- Strong proficiency in math and analytical skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with clients; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate work product; excellent proofreading skills are essential.
- Experience with Internet and Lexis research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-starter who is comfortable managing multiple tasks.
- Team player in a very busy practice group.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.