Bressler, Amery & Ross, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national practice, seeks a Legal Assistant for its’ Miami office.
The Legal Assistant will support the Trial Team in the Insurance Defense Practice Group. A majority of the focus is upon all areas of first-party coverage, including windstorm, fire, theft, water damage, sinkhole, and “collapse claims.”
Primary tasks include:
- Assisting in reviewing and analyzing cases to determine their readiness for trial litigation;
- Organizing case files and documents;
- Case tracking and calendaring;
- Scheduling time sensitive trial hearings, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
- Manage calendar, reminders, etc.
- Document production;
- Drafting basis pleadings including notices and subpoenas;
- Interacting with firm personnel, third-party witnesses, experts and outside counsel;
- Preparing standard form responses;
- Access case law to be submitted to the court;
- Supporting other projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Minimum of 5 years’ current legal assistant experience in insurance litigation.
- Experience with insurance defense/first party property claims.
- E-filing experience preferred.
- Strong proofreading and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook; and document management system.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Team player; provide back-up support when available and as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.