Bressler, Amery & Ross, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national practice, seeks an experienced Trust & Estate Paralegal for our Florham Park, NJ or New York, NY offices.
The Paralegal will support and assist Principals and Associates in all aspects of the firm’s trusts and estates practice.
- Prepare petitions for probate of wills and administrator appointment of fiduciaries.
- Preparation and filing of court papers for probate or administration proceedings, appointments or resignations of fiduciaries, disclaimers, inventory, and claims against estates.
- Preparation and review of accountings, receipts, and releases.
- Tax-related preparation, including fiduciary income tax returns, estate and gift tax returns using tax preparation software.
- Support estate planning practice with some document preparation and assistance in executing documents.
- Extensive client interaction.
- Organize estate and trust files and documents.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases related to trust and estate administration.
- Support other projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education
- A minimum of a 4-year college degree.
- 5+ years’ paralegal experience.
- Certified New Jersey notary signing agent required.
- Experience in preparing probate applications, estate and gift tax returns, state death tax returns, and fiduciary accountings.
- Experience working directly with clients in the administration of estates and trusts.
- Some experience drafting simple estate planning documents is preferred, but not required.
- Strong proficiency in math and analytical skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with clients; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate work product; excellent proofreading skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-starter who is comfortable managing multiple tasks.
- Team player in a very busy practice group.
To apply to this position online, click here.
Send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via USPS: Human Resources, Bressler, Amery & Ross, 325 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.