Christopher Osnato is an associate in the firm's Insurance group. He enjoys working through difficult issues facing his clients, wherever they arise. He is well-versed in New Jersey’s Guaranty Association Law, and has worked diligently on filings and proceedings before the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance.
Chris regularly appears in court on behalf of his clients, conducting motion practice, settlement negotiations, and conducting depositions. He prefers to take a holistic approach to litigation – seeking practical solutions to complex legal problems.
Prior to joining Bressler, Chris attended Boston College Law School, where he was treasurer of the Law Students Association and Chairperson of the New Students Committee. He was a member of the Jessup International Moot Court Team his final year, where he was honored as a Top-20 oralist in the Northeast Regional. Upon graduation, Chris was awarded the Richard S. Sullivan Award by the school, for Overall Contribution to the Law School and Outstanding School Spirit.
Prior to attending Law School, Chris received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Boston College with majors in Political Science and Communications. While at Boston College, Chris was elected as the President of the Undergraduate Government.
Chris is an alumnus of the Bressler Summer Associate Program.
Awards & Accolades
ABA Military Pro Bono Project Outstanding Services Award, 2019
- Richard S. Sullivan Award, 2016
- Harry W. Smith Award, 2013
- Order of the Cross and Crown, 2013
- Conversant in Italian
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Recognition, 02.23.2021
- Alert, Business Litigation Law Alert, 04.14.2020
- Alert, 03.25.2020
- Event, 02.20.2020
- Firm News, 11.12.2018
Articles & Publications
- Publication, Thomson Reuters, 06.01.2020
- Alert, 01.19.2018
- Alert, 08.28.2017
- The New York Department of Financial Services' First Cybersecurity Compliance Deadline is Today: Are You Ready?Alert, 08.28.2017
Areas of Practice
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2016
- Boston College, Political Science and Communications, cum laude, 2013
- New Jersey
- New York
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey