Daniel Strashun advises broker-dealers and investment advisers in investment-related litigation, as well as investigations and enforcement actions brought by the SEC, FINRA and state regulators. Daniel is well versed in the evolving issues that matter most to his clients and is passionate in his representation.
Broker-dealers and investment advisers trust Daniel for his counsel in FINRA and SEC rules, including those related to senior and vulnerable investors, investment suitability, due diligence on private placements, markup/markdown and best execution. Daniel advises clients regarding the development and implementation of supervisory and compliance programs and the review of existing policies and procedures. His in-depth understanding and practical guidance helps him guide clients through various sales practice issues, trading inquiries and other ongoing compliance matters.
Daniel earned his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law. While at Seton Hall, Daniel interned with FINRA in the Market Regulation Department and the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General. He also served as a Judicial Intern to The Honorable Joel A. Pisano, United States District Court. He earned his B.A., magna cum laude, in History from Yeshiva University, Yeshiva College.
- Obtained a directed verdict at the close of Claimants’ case for the Chief Investment Officer, the CEO and the CCO of two firms alleged to have been negligent while performing due diligence prior to a private placement.
News & Insights
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Webinar, 05.14.2019
- Event, Florham Park, NJ, 11.14.2018
- Publication, American Bar Association , 08.27.2019
- Alert, 07.24.2019
- Alert, 06.04.2019
- Publication, Law360, 05.01.2019
- Publication, New Jersey Law Journal, 01.24.2019
- Alert, 01.10.2019
- Adoption Of Uniform Fiduciary Standard Debated At Two Public Hearings Held By The New Jersey Bureau Of SecuritiesAlert, 11.29.2018
- NJ Bureau of Securities Issues Notice of Pre-Proposal on Uniform Fiduciary Standard for All NJ Investment ProfessionalsAlert, 10.16.2018
- NJ Bureau of Securities to Propose a Regulation Establishing a Uniform Fiduciary Standard for All NJ Investment ProfessionalsAlert, 10.11.2018
- Publication, Bloomberg BNA, 04.03.2018
Areas of Practice
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Yeshiva University, Yeshiva College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
- New Jersey
- New York