David J. Butler’s practice is primarily devoted to financial institutions litigation, arbitration, and enforcement proceedings. He also has significant experience with commercial litigation and business disputes.
The financial institutions litigation matters David undertakes include representation of financial institutions and their employees in diverse matters before state and federal courts, and self-regulatory industry organizations.
In addition, David co-chairs Bressler’s E-Discovery and Cybersecurity practice group and is a Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS) through the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists. He regularly works with clients on the establishment and deployment of effective e-discovery policies and protocols and advises clients on developments in the field. He also advises clients in a variety of industries on information security and data privacy and counsels businesses on best practices in the area.
News & Insights
Speaking Engagements & Events
- eDiscovery 101 - What You Need to Know and Tips to Protect Yourself and Your Clients: A Lawline Webinar Presented by David Butler and Matthew PlantWebinar, 06.06.2019
- Event, New York City, 04.25.2019
- Speaking Engagement, 07.10.2013
- Publication, New Jersey law Journal, 12.05.2019
- Alert, 04.2019
- Alert, 01.30.2019
- SEC Settles First of Its Kind Cyber-Security Enforcement Action Charging Violations of Regulation S-IDAlert, 09.28.2018
- Alert, 01.07.2016
- Alert, 11.03.2014
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2000
- Seton Hall University, B.A., 1995
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey