Emily Vande Lune is an associate in the firm's Labor and Employment group. Her practice includes responding to charges filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and assisting in defending companies, including financial firms and poultry producers, in both arbitration and litigation.
Prior to joining Bressler, Emily worked as a law fellow for the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Office of Counsel, where she gained experience providing business advice relating to faculty, staff, and student issues in a university and hospital setting.
Awards & Accolades
- Lead Editor of The Journal of the Legal Profession
- Best Papers: Decedents' Estates, Employment Discrimination, Health Care Law, Health Care Liability
- Recipient of the James E. Smith Award for Best Comment in The Journal of the Legal Profession, 2016; Settling for Six: Should the American Bar Association Have Done More to Promote Experiential Learning in Law Schools?, 39 J. Legal Prof. (Spring 2015)
- Recipient of the Balch & Bingham L.L.P. Harold A. Bowron, Jr. Labor and Employment Law Award, 2016
- Recipient of the Dean's Community Service Award, 2016
News & Insights
- Firm News, 09.05.2017
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Event, Birmingham, AL, 02.24.2018
Associations & Organizations
- First Light Young Partners
- Help Desk Volunteer, Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Member of the Junior Board, STAIR “Start the Adventure in Reading”
Get to Know Emily
Get to Know Emily
When she’s not working hard for her clients, you can find Emily reading a great mystery or taking walks with her husband, a physician, and her dog, a golden retriever mix.
Areas of Practice
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- Mercer University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2013
- Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama