Gregory Sparer is an associate in the firm’s Financial Institutions practice group, and a member of Bressler’s Associates Committee.
Greg’s litigation practice focuses on representing financial institutions, corporations, businesses and their employees in all aspects of litigation and arbitration. He litigates in various forums including federal and state court and FINRA and AAA arbitration. He makes it his goal to tailor his approach to each individual case, as no two cases are ever exactly the same. Greg draws on his negotiation and dispute resolution experience when settlement is appropriate, and is also fully equipped to take cases to hearing and trial when necessary, tapping into his extensive trial experience as an Assistant District Attorney.
In his regulatory enforcement and defense practice, Greg represents financial institutions and broker-dealers in connection with inquiries and examinations from self-regulatory organizations including FINRA and the SEC.
Prior to joining Bressler, Greg worked at a boutique law firm in New York focusing his practice on securities, employment and commercial litigation, representing a wide array of clients in arbitration, state and federal court.
Prior to entering private practice, Greg began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx County District Attorney's Office where he prosecuted numerous felony and misdemeanor criminal matters.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized on the New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2017-2019
News & Insights
- Firm News, Super Lawyers Magazine , 09.2019
- Firm News, 09.13.2018
- Firm News, 07.24.2018
- Alert, Financial Institutions Law Alert, 10.16.2019
- Alert, 01.23.2019
- Alert, 12.21.2018
Associations & Organizations
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Get to Know Greg
Get to Know Greg
When he is not working, Greg can be found at the Jersey Shore in the summer, and on the ski slopes in the winter.
Areas of Practice
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2012
- New York University, B.A., 2009
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey