Jacqueline Aleman is an associate in the Firm’s Miami office and focuses her practice on Financial Institutions.
Jacqueline represents broker-dealers and registered representatives in customer and employment disputes, including expungement proceedings, in state and federal court, and in arbitration proceedings throughout the United States before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). She also has experience with regulatory investigations, enforcement actions and civil litigation, including interpleader actions.
In addition, Jacqueline has experience advising on international disputes in a wide range of matters including international commercial arbitration and ICC disputes. She has appeared as a guest several times on CNN Dinero, a CNN Español segment focusing on financial topics.
Jacqueline is a member of Bressler’s Senior and Vulnerable Investor Group. The lawyers in this group have a shared interest in providing counsel to corporate clients who confront issues affecting seniors.
Prior to joining Bressler, Jacqueline practiced law in Venezuela for several years. Jacqueline worked as an associate at a global law firm in Caracas, Venezuela focusing her practice on mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment and corporate restructuring.
While attending the University of Miami School of Law, Jacqueline was a student intern and then chosen as a fellow at the Investors Rights Clinic, an organization dedicated to the pro bono representation of investors in securities arbitration claims against broker-dealers before FINRA.
Jacqueline was also a part of the Academic Achievement Program and was chosen as a Deans Fellow for Legal Communication and Research during her last year in law school.
- Represented commodities trading company in an ICC arbitration seated in Miami conducted entirely in Spanish.
- Defended brokerage firms and financial advisors in multiple arbitrations alleging sales practice violations.
- Obtained expungements for financial advisors in a number of cases
News & Insights
- Firm News, 10.14.2019
- Firm News, 09.12.2018
- Firm News, 08.10.2018
- Event, 04.26.2018
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Speaking Engagement, Miami, FL, 03.05.2020
- Speaking Engagement, Miami, FL, 03.02.2018
- FinCEN Releases Analysis of Bank Secrecy Act Reports Filed by Financial Institutions Help Protect Elders from Fraud and Theft of Their AssetsAlert, Financial Institutions Law Alert, 12.09.2019
- Alert, 04.09.2019
- Publication, Corporate Compliance Insights , 03.05.2019
Areas of Practice
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D./LL.M. in International Law, 2016
- Universidad Metropolitana, J.D., 2008
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida