James D. Bedsole's practice centers around the defense of brokerage firms and financial institutions in securities litigation, arbitration, and regulatory enforcement matters. He has defended firms in customer claims in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings throughout the country, as well as investigations brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and state securities regulators. Jim also has experience in employment matters, internal investigations, and general litigation.
Jim joined Bressler in 2015 after receiving his J.D. cum laude, and his B.S. summa cum laude in Economics from the University of Alabama. While in law school, he clerked at multiple Alabama district attorneys’ offices, where he successfully resolved several misdemeanor and felony bench trials.
News & Insights
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Event, Birmingham, AL, 07.06.2018
- Publication, American Bar Association, 04.22.2019
Associations & Organizations
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Alabama State Bar Association
- Member, Birmingham Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- University of Alabama, B.S., summa cum laude, 2012