Jessica currently serves as a Cannabis and Intellectual Property attorney at Bressler Amery & Ross.
Jessica also serves as outside General Counsel for the national organization Minorities For Medical Marijuana and sits on the board of advisors for QA Canna, a cannabis quality assurance company based in New Jersey.
Prior to joining Bressler, Jessica was the co-founding partner at MGA Law PC, a boutique business law firm with a special focus on cannabis. As a cannabis attorney, Jessica Gonzalez assists cannabis clients navigate the legal cannabis and hemp industry in the tri-state area. She has counseled start up and medium sized cannabis/CBD companies on various matters, including corporate entity set-up, state and local compliance, private offering documents and applications for state cannabis licenses. Jessica also counsels corporate and individual clients on intellectual property procurement, prosecution, protection and enforcement for domestic and international trademarks.
As cannabis advocate, Jessica has presented on both the municipal and state level on topics such as social justice/social equity, IP protection, cannabis legislation, state and federal banking and state cannabis licensing. Most recently, Jessica was selected as a 2020 fellow for the New Jersey New Leaders Council, a national organization that selects civically engaged leaders in their respective industry.
News & Insights
- Jessica Gonzalez Quoted in NJ.Com's "N.J. Cannabis Conference Panel Will Examine How Minority Groups, Women Can Access Multibillion-dollar Industry"Publication, NJ.com, 03.05.2020
- Jessica Gonzalez Quoted in City & State's "Can Legalizing Marijuana Help New York Communities Heal?"Publication, City & State, 02.02.2020
- Firm News, 01.23.2020
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Webinar, 03.30.2020
- Webinar, 03.19.2020
- Jessica Gonzalez to Participate in NYC Cannabis Industry Association Webinar: Making Legalization WorkWebinar, 03.19.2020
- Webinar, 03.16.2020
- Speaking Engagement, Edison, NJ, 03.10.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 02.24.2020
- Publication, ROI-NJ, 01.27.2020
- Alert, Cannabis Law Alert, 01.13.2020
Associations & Organizations
- Minorities for Medical Marijuana
- Minority Cannabis Business Association
- New Leaders Council (NJ Chapter)