Laura Ruiz Rivera is an associate in the firm’s Financial Institutions practice group.
Laura focuses her practice on defending brokerage firms, other financial institutions and registered representatives in FINRA arbitrations and court proceedings. Fluent in Spanish, Laura has also worked together with local counsel in representing U.S. financial institutions facing litigation in such countries as Argentina and Mexico.
Prior to joining Bressler, Laura worked as an associate at McConnell Valdés LLC, the largest law firm in Puerto Rico, where she helped defend clients in FINRA arbitration matters and commercial litigation in state and federal court.
Laura earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Maryland School of Law, where she was an associate editor for the Maryland Law Review. Laura earned her B.A. in International Relations from the College of William and Mary.
Awards & Accolades
- University of Maryland Litigation and Advocacy Award
News & Insights
Articles & Publications
- Reg BI, Crypto and Cannabis – Key Takeaways from the SIFMA Compliance and Legal Society's 2019 New York Regional SeminarAlert, Financial Institutions Law Alert, 11.01.2019
- Alert, 05.31.2019
- Alert, 04.10.2019
- Alert, 11.06.2018
Areas of Practice
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- College of William and Mary, B.A., 2009
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- New York