Meghan Dougherty is an associate in Bressler's Commercial Litigation practice group. Her practice primarily focuses on Insurance and Professional Negligence litigation. Meghan joined Bressler upon graduating from Boston College Law School.
During law school, Meghan interned with the Presiding Justice of Dedham District Court, the Honorable Mary Hogan Sullivan. She was also Co-President of the Gender Violence Awareness Coalition and an Interviewer-Advocate with the Domestic Violence Institute. Meghan was selected as a Massachusetts Bar Foundation Fellow and worked as a Family Law and Immigration Legal Intern at MetroWest Legal Services in Framingham, Massachusetts.
Prior to law school, Meghan worked as a National Lobbyist in Washington, D.C. and a paralegal at a tax resolution firm in Chicago, Illinois. Meghan earned a Master’s Degree in Theology at the Boston College Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. She received her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Boston College with majors in English and Theology.
Meghan is an alumna of the Bressler summer associate program.
News & Insights
- New Jersey Supreme Court Opens the Door to Applying Entire Controversy Doctrine to Legal Malpractice Claims Filed After Fee-Collection ActionAlert, 03.19.2020
- Event, 02.20.2020
- Firm News, 05.2019
- Alert, 12.12.2018
- Publication, American Bar Association , 09.05.2017
- Alert, 08.04.2016
- GRC Must Review Documents Requested Pursuant to OPRA in Order to Determine Applicability of Individual PrivilegeAlert, 02.23.2015
Associations & Organizations
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Morris County Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2013
- Boston College, Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, M.A., 2006
- Boston College, B.A., cum laude, 2005
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District Court of New Jersey