Regina Pepe Martorana is a Principal of the firm’s Financial Institutions Litigation and Regulation group. She defends global broker-dealers and registered representatives in litigation and regulatory matters and also conducts internal investigations into possible misconduct on her clients’ behalf.
Regina’s depth of experience in her fully integrated practice results in the most comprehensive representation for her clients. She regularly conducts internal investigations into allegations of firm or financial advisor misconduct and alleged sales practice violations. She also represents her clients in FINRA arbitrations and regulatory matters. As a result, Regina demonstrates her extensive institutional knowledge and an unsurpassed understanding of all aspects of the facts and circumstances underlying the litigation and regulatory matters she handles. Regina’s full service practice provides clients with the best possible representation in the most cost-effective manner. She also regularly advises clients on current litigation and regulatory trends and enjoys speaking at internal Legal and Compliance seminars on these topics.
She is a member of the firm’s Hiring and Women’s Initiative Committees and helps to manage one of the firm’s largest client relationships. Regina is actively involved in Bressler firm activities and enjoys mentoring summer and junior associates.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized on the New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2013-2017
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.
- Successfully defended broker-dealer against claims of $80 million in damages incurred as a result of a failed naked options strategy
- Successfully represented broker-dealer and registered representative in mediation and regulatory inquiries against allegations of selling away and investments in an alleged Ponzi scheme
- Successfully defended registered representatives in expungement hearings to remove various sales practice allegations from their Central Registration Depository records
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Alert, Financial Institutions Alert, 09.22.2021
- Firm News, 09.20.2017
- Firm News, 09.21.2016
- Firm News, 09.16.2015
- Firm News, 01.07.2014
- Firm News, 11.14.2012
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Seminar, 03.19.2017
- Event, 11.01.2016
- Speaking Engagement, 10/17/16-10/19/16
- Speaking Engagement, 11.14.2012
Articles & Publications
- Alert, Financial Institutions Law Alert, 01.14.2020
- Alert, 01.24.2019
- Publication, American Bar Association, 07.10.2018
- FINRA Supports the SEC's Uniform Fiduciary Standard Over the DOL's Approach, But the Debate is Far From OverAlert, 05.28.2015
- FINRA Issues Notice Stating that Confidentiality Provisions Governing FINRA Arbitrations Must Advise Parties They Can Still Initiate Communication with RegulatorsAlert, 10.17.2014
- Second Circuit Prohibits Madoff Trustee from Bringing Common Law Claims Against Financial InstitutionsAlert, 06.28.2013
- Publication, ABA Section of Litigation: The Women Advocate , 08.26.2012
- Publication, New Jersey Law Journal, Alternative Dispute Resolution , 03.15.2010
Associations & Organizations
- New York State Bar Association
Get to know Regina
Get to know Regina
Regina is an avid cook and baker who enjoys traveling and spending family time with her children.
Areas of Practice
- New York Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2003
- Bernard M. Baruch College, B.B.A., 2000
- New Jersey
- New York