Sarah Yates is an associate in the firm’s Birmingham office and a member of the financial institutions practice group. The majority of her work is in defense of brokerage firms, financial institutions and registered representatives against claims asserted by customers before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as well as in state and federal court. Sarah’s representation of brokerage firms also includes regulatory investigations and expungement matters before FINRA.
As a member of Bressler’s Senior and Vulnerable Investor Group, Sarah advises and defends brokerage firms, investment advisers and insurers who confront problems related to senior and vulnerable investors and insureds.
Sarah received both her J.D. and B.A. from the University of Alabama. While in law school, Sarah served as Executive Editor of the Alabama Law Review and was a member of the Protective Life National Moot Court team. Sarah began her career as a law clerk to the Honorable W. Harold Albritton of the Middle District of Alabama.
News & Insights
- Firm News, 10.11.2019
- Bressler Selected as 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year By Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers ProgramFirm News, 12.05.2016
- Event, 07.24.2015
- Firm News, 05.05.2015
- Firm News, 03.02.2015
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Speaking Engagement, Chicago, IL, 11.13.2019-11.15.2019
- Webinar, 07.09.2019
- Webinar, 05.14.2019
- Bressler Attorneys to Co-Host Webinar " Senior & Vulnerable Investor Financial Protection and Reporting"Webinar, 04.10.2019
- Event, Birmingham, AL, 07.06.2018
- Alert, 09.13.2019
- Alert, 05.2019
- Publication, Business Alabama, 08.22.2018
Associations & Organizations
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
Get to Know Sarah
Get to Know Sarah
When she’s not in arbitration, you can find Sarah cheering on the Crimson Tide.
Areas of Practice
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- University of Alabama, B.A., magna cum laude, 2009