Susan George is a member of the firm's Financial Institutions Litigation and Regulation practice group, focusing on regulatory defense and securities arbitration.
Susan focuses her practice on the representation of registered representatives, broker-dealers, and other financial firms in customer arbitrations, expungement proceedings, regulatory inquiries and enforcement actions before FINRA, and internal investigations.
Susan is a member of Bressler's Senior and Vulnerable Investor Group. The lawyers in this group have a shared interest in providing counsel to corporate clients who confront issues affecting seniors.
In addition to her Financial Institutions practice, Susan’s pro bono work includes advocating on behalf of military veterans and their families.
Susan is an alumna of the Bressler summer associate program and joined the firm upon receiving her J.D., cum laude, from Brooklyn Law School. At Brooklyn Law, she served as Primary Articles Editor of the Brooklyn Journal of Law and Policy. While in law school, Susan also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Nina Gershon in the Eastern District of New York and interned with the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights and the New York State Attorney General’s Office, Real Estate Finance Bureau.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized on the New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2019
News & Insights
- Bressler, Amery, & Ross Attorneys Score Great Pro Bono Win for Veteran's Widow and No Greater SacrificeFirm News, 01.21.2020
- Firm News, 12.16.2019
- Firm News, Super Lawyers Magazine , 09.2019
- Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorney Susan George Elected to Board of New York Lawyers for the Public InterestFirm News, 05.09.2019
- Firm News, 07.02.2018
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Speaking Engagement, New York, NY, 08.22.2019
- Webinar, 05.14.2019
- Bressler Attorneys Richard Szuch, Josh Jones, Kerry Zinn and Susan George to Present on a Webinar Hosted by A.D. Banker and Company and BresslerWebinar, 05.14.2019
- Event, New York City, 04.25.2019
- Speaking Engagement, 06.11.2018
- Seminar, 06.20.2017
- Seminar, 02.22.2017
- Event, 02.16.2017
- Alert, 06.22.2018
- FINRA Is Revising Its Sanction Guidelines: Arbitrations and Settlements Could Trigger Increased Disciplinary Sanctions Against Individual RespondentsAlert, 05.08.2018
- SEC's Carlo di Florio Speaks About the Commission's National Examination Program with a Focus on Broker-Dealer ExaminationsAlert, 06.22.2012
Associations & Organizations
- Board Member, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest (NYLPI)
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL), 2018 Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon Committee Member
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL), Women in Financial Services Group
Areas of Practice
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., with honors, 2003
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York