Tamar is an associate in the Firm’s New York office in Financial Institutions and Commercial Litigation practice groups.
Tamar represents clients in securities, commercial and contract dispute matters in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration proceedings. She is knowledgeable in all stages of litigation, including handling fact investigation, complex written discovery and production. Further, Tamar provides financial regulation and compliance counseling and advice to financial institutions and investment advisors.
Passionate in her pro bono work, Tamar advocates for the rights of LGBTQI individuals and immigrants. She is an active member of Firm’s Diversity and Associate Committees.
Prior to joining Bressler in 2018, Tamar worked at a New York firm with a practice focus of public international law, international investment arbitration and commercial arbitration. She advised clients on international law matters and represented companies, states and individuals in investment treaty and international commercial arbitrations conducted under the major international rules. Tamar earned her second LL.M degree from Harvard Law School in 2014. She served as an associate editor for the Harvard Law School Negotiation Law Review and participated in the Transactional Law Clinics. After her studies at Harvard Law School, Tamar worked in the Paris branch of a U.S. law firm in international investment and commercial arbitration practice.
After earning a J.D. from Tbilisi State University in Republic of Georgia, Tamar worked at the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Georgia where she represented the government in international courts and tribunals. Tamar was a member of the Georgian legal team in two inter-state cases brought by Georgia against the Russian Federation in the European Court of Human Rights and one inter-state matter brought in the International Court of Justice. Tamar obtained an LL.M degree in Public International Law from Leiden University in the Netherlands in 2010, fully funded by the Netherlands Government under HSP Huygens Excellence Scholarship program. During her studies in the Netherlands, Tamar completed internship at the International Criminal Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized on the New York Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2021
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Firm News, 09.27.2023
- Alert, 01.17.2023
- Firm News, 01.10.2023
- Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorney Tamar Gongadze Appointed to New York City Bar Association’s Foreign and Comparative Law CommitteeFirm News, 04.05.2022
- Alert, Financial Institutions Alert, 03.14.2022
- Firm News, Cybersecurity & Insurance Law Alert, 10.26.2021
- Firm News, 09.30.2021
- Alert, Cannabis Law Alert, 04.06.2021
- Alert, Cannabis Law Alert, 10.29.2020
- Firm News, 08.13.2018
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Webinar, 05.06.2020
Articles & Publications
- Publication, The Legal Intelligencer, 11.12.2021
- Alert, 04.2019
- Publication, New York Law Journal, 02.01.2019
- Alert, 01.16.2019
- SEC Settles First of Its Kind Cyber-Security Enforcement Action Charging Violations of Regulation S-IDAlert, 09.28.2018
Associations & Organizations
- New York City Bar Association, Foreign & Comparative Law Committee (Member); Term – 2022-2024
- New York City Bar Association, Information Technology and Cyber Law Committee (Chair, International Committee); 2019-2021
- Center for Effective Dispute Resolution, Accredited Mediator
Get to Know Tamar
Get to Know Tamar
When not practicing law, Tamar enjoys pottery and improv, as well as social activism and mentoring young lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Harvard Law School, LL.M, 2014
- Leiden University Law School, Advanced LL.M., Public International Law, 2010
- Tbilisi State University Law School, B.A., International Law (J.D. equivalent), 2008
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Republic of Georgia