Tanya Lambrechts is an attorney in the firm’s Financial Institutions practice group. Her practice focuses on defending financial institutions, SEC registered and state registered investment advisers and associated persons, and FINRA registered broker-dealers and financial advisors in a broad range of securities litigations and regulatory enforcement actions. Further, Tanya provides financial regulation and compliance counseling and advice to financial institutions and investment advisers.
In addition to her legal work at the firm, Tanya also organizes philanthropy events for the firm’s Florida offices, including on-site building projects with Habitat for Humanity, holiday toy drives, 5k runs, and various collections for underprivileged groups.
Tanya has been with the firm since graduating law school. Prior to joining the firm, Tanya received a Finance degree from Florida State University. She also graduated from FSU’s College of Law with Honors and achieved the Business Law Certificate with Honors. While attending law school, Tanya held positions with the SEC, the Florida Office of Financial Regulation’s (OFR) Division of Securities, and in private securities practice. She also received the Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award, was a member of the Dean’s List, and was a recipient of the Book Award in Professional Responsibility and Legal Writing. As a senior member of the Florida State University Law Review, she authored a published article about the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act as it pertained to commodities trading.
News & Insights
- Event, 04.26.2018
- Firm News, 10.08.2014
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Event, Miami, FL, 07.18.2019
- Event, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 04.18.2019
- Event, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 05.09.2018
- The SEC Examined 50+ RIAs Who Are Employing or Have Employed Individuals with a History of Disciplinary Issues and This is What They Found…Alert, 08.14.2019
- Publication, Corporate Compliance Insights , 06.07.2019
- Alert, 05.22.2019
- Eleventh Circuit Interprets the Meaning of "Debt Collector" Under the Federal Debt Collection Practices ActAlert, 09.08.2015
- Eleventh Circuit Holds that the National Banking Act Preempts FL Whistleblower Act Wrongful Termination ClaimsAlert, 05.18.2015
- Publication, Florida State University Law Review , 11.05.2011
Associations & Organizations
- Broward County Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Florida State University, B.S., 2011