Tobias F. Ziegler chairs the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Transactions practice group and focuses on domestic and international M&A, commercial, intellectual property and real estate transactions.
He frequently represents the U.S. interests of foreign companies as well as their individual principals, typically acting as their trusted general outside counsel, in connection with the formation, acquisition, structuring and ongoing compliance of their corporate entities, real estate and other types of investments. He has extensive experience working with emerging tech companies on matters involving the transfer, registration or licensing of intellectual property and data.
As the holder of law degrees from the U.S., Germany and France, he is fluent in multiple languages. He is a Member of the Board of the International Business Group (IBG) of Eurojuris International, one of the largest international association of lawyers and law firms with a network of over 600 law firms in more than 50 countries. Tobias is the author of numerous articles and publications, available in multiple languages, that are designed to assist non-U.S. companies and individuals in doing business in or with the U.S.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized on the list of New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2019
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Firm News, Super Lawyers Magazine , 09.2019
- Firm News, 06.28.2017
- Firm News, 09.13.2016
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Speaking Engagement, 12.10.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 10.14.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 05.13.2020
- Event, 11.03.2017
Associations & Organizations
- Eurojuris International, International Business Group (IBG), Member of the Board
- European-American Chamber of Commerce
- New York State Bar Association, International and Business Law Sections and Mergers & Acquisitions Committee
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law
- Association des Juristes des Universités de Paris I et de Cologne
Areas of Practice
- New York Law School, 2008
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, 2005
- University of Montpellier, France, Master of International Business Law, 2004
- Université de Paris - Sorbonne, Maîtrise en droit (J.D. equivalent), 2003
- University of Cologne, Germany, LL.M. Comparative Law, 2001
- New York