Diana Manning will present a Celesq webinar titled "Navigating the Ethical Minefield of the New Normal Due to COVID-19: Legal Malpractice Issues Emerging from the Pandemic". The program will take place on October 20, 2020 at 12:00pm.
About the Program:
COVID-19 has had a profound impact on the legal profession and forced attorneys to adapt to changing conditions like never before. As lawyers adjust to practicing law in the new reality, they must remain vigilant of the need to abide by ethical rules. This program will discuss common ethical issues emerging from the pandemic and how to avoid them while staying safe.
Learning objectives and topics include:
- Keeping up with continuing advancements in technology;
- the ongoing duty to communicate with clients;
- maintaining civility with adversaries;
- the importance of remaining cognizant of deadlines; and
- maintaining confidentiality in a virtual environment.
This program will cover ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct 1.1 (competence), 1.3 (diligence), 3.2 (courtesy and respect), 5.1 and 5.3 (monitoring for data breach).
For more information, please click here.