Principal Diana Manning will be speaking at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) Seminar: Ethics for Civil Trial Attorneys. The seminar will take place on November 7, 2017 at the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge, NJ.
New Jersey civil trial attorneys will offer insights into ethical issues that civil trial attorneys face, such as:
- Multi-party representation: Can you represent multiple plaintiffs or multiple defendants in litigation? How to handle contents of written conflict waivers? What are key settlement issues when dealing with multiple clients?
- Ethics in investigations: Are there limits as to what a lawyer can do when gathering evidence? How to handle questionable evidence?
- Jury Selection: What are the limitations on researching potential jurors?
- Duty of candor to the court: When and how should a trial lawyer disclose to the court that their client's testimony is not truthful?
- What is a New Jersey civil trial lawyer's ethical obligations concerning a pro hac vice attorney's conduct during trial?
- Settlement negotiations: To what extent is a trial lawyer obligated to involve his or her client in such negotiations?