Bressler, Amery & Ross, a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm with a national practice, seeks a Regulatory & Transactional Paralegal in the Insurance Law Practice Group located in the firm’s Florham Park, NJ office.
The Paralegal will be assigned to support Principals and Associates in this practice group in connection with regulatory, transactional, and litigation matters. The work schedule has some flexibility with a one-hour lunch break at 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Primary tasks include:
- Document management and tracking of regulatory and court filings.
- Database maintenance including facilitating electronic collections from clients, searching and filtering collected data, analysis of data.
- Conducting legislative, regulatory and policy research in support of client matters.
- Review and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Assist with regulatory requests and the preparation of responses.
- Document production, including bates-stamping, redacting, and producing electronic documents.
- Provide support with drafting, proofing, editing, and filing of opinion letters, legal memoranda, court briefings, including e-filing.
- Matter tracking and calendaring.
- Interacting with clients, regulators and outside counsel.
- Assist with closing/regulatory submission binder preparation.
- Support other projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- Entry level candidates interested in pursuing a paralegal career in the practice of government, regulation, or policy will be considered.
- Experience in corporate/transactional legal matters is helpful; prior internship(s) in government or healthcare desirable.
- Familiarity with research platforms such as LexisNexis is desirable.
- Familiarity with document management systems and court electronic filing systems is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Team player; provide back-up support when available and as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Commensurate amount of experience a consideration.
Send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via USPS: Human Resources, Bressler, Amery & Ross, 325 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.