Kathryn Rockwood is counsel in the firm’s Financial Institutions practice group, advocating and on behalf of broker-dealers and other financial services professionals. Her practice is focused on representing broker-dealers and registered representatives in securities litigation, primarily customer-initiated complaints with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). She also assists clients with internal and regulatory investigations and inquiries. Combining her past experience in local government representation, she has helped develop the firm’s Public Funds Advisory practice.
In addition to her regular practice, Kathryn volunteers with the Morris County Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project representing victims in domestic violence matters. Kathryn is a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court District XA Ethics Committee, and serves as Secretary for the Morris County Bar Foundation.
Prior to joining the firm, Kathryn practiced primarily in the area of local government, representing municipalities and public entities including property tax appeal defense, and individuals in land use and zoning applications before local land use boards. Kathryn earned her Diplomate in New Jersey Local Government Law from the New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys, and served as an Associate Editor for the Local Government Law Review from 2015 to 2017.
Kathryn graduated from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2011 where she was a member of the Family Law Clinic for the law school’s Center for Social Justice, including representation of indigents in the Federal District Court in Hague Convention child abduction cases. Kathryn received her Bachelor of Arts in History from Colgate University in 2001.
Prior to law school, Kathryn was a member of the U.S. High Yield and High Grade Strategy Research teams at J.P. Morgan, and before that was employed at an Off-Broadway general management company and at Actors’ Equity Association, the theatrical actors and stage managers union.
Kathryn served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Thomas L. Weisenbeck, A.J.S.C., in the Morris/Sussex vicinage of the New Jersey Superior Court. She is admitted to the bars of the State of New Jersey, the State of New York, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the U.S. District Court for North Dakota.
Awards & Accolades
- Selected to the list of The Best Lawyers in America®, "Ones to Watch," 2022, 2023
- Associate, Editor, Local Government Law Review (2015-2017)
- Diplomat in Local Government Law
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- 50 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2023, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 17 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.18.2022
- Alert, Financial Institutions, 08.12.2022
- Bressler, Amery & Ross Counsel Kathryn Burfitt Rockwood Appointed Secretary of Morris County Bar Foundation 2022 Board of TrusteesFirm News, 02.03.2022
- Firm News, 01.01.2022
- Alert, Financial Institutions Alert, 09.22.2021
- 44 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2022, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 13 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.19.2021
- Kathryn Burfitt Rockwood Appointed as Chair of the Securities Committee for the Morris County Bar AssociationFirm News, 03.05.2021
- Alert, Financial Institutions Law Alert, 04.16.2020
- Alert, Financial Institutions Law Alert, 04.01.2020
- Alert, Financial Institutions Law Alert, 03.27.2020
- Event, 01.21.2020
- Firm News, 07.27.2015
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Webinar, 09.30.2020
- Webinar, 07.16.2020
- Event, Florham Park, NJ, 01.24.2018
- Event, Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph, New Jersey, 01.25.2017
- Event, 01.25.2017
Articles & Publications
- Publication, American Bar Association , 12.19.2019
- Alert, 08.05.2019
- Alert, 07.24.2019
- Alert, 07.08.2019
- Alert, 06.17.2019
- Publication, New Jersey Lawyer , 04.2019
- Alert, 08.08.2018
- Alert, 01.09.2018
- Alert, 10.25.2017
- Alert, 10.24.2017
- Alert, 07.26.2017
- Alert, 07.20.2017
Associations & Organizations
- Secretary, Morris County Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Co-Chair, Morris County Bar Association – Financial Services / Securities Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Member, NJ Supreme Court District XA Ethics Committee
- Volunteer, Morris County Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project
Areas of Practice
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Colgate University, B.A., 2001
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey