Kathryn Rockwood is an associate in the firm’s Financial Institutions practice group, advocating and on behalf of broker-dealers and other financial services professionals. Her practice is focused on representing broker-dealers and registered representatives in securities litigation, primarily customer-initiated complaints with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
In addition to her regular practice, Kathryn volunteers with the Morris County Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, representing victims in domestic violence matters. Kathryn has recently been appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a member of the District XA Ethics Committee, and serves as a Trustee for the Morris County Bar Association.
Prior to joining the firm, Kathryn practiced primarily in the area of local government, representing municipalities and public entities including property tax appeal defense, and individuals in land use and zoning applications before local land use boards. Kathryn earned her Diplomate in New Jersey Local Government Law from the New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys, and served as an Associate Editor for the Local Government Law Review from 2015 to 2017.
Kathryn graduated from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2011 where she was a member of the Family Law Clinic for the law school’s Center for Social Justice, including representation of indigents in the Federal District Court in Hague Convention child abduction cases. Kathryn received her Bachelor of Arts in History from Colgate University in 2001.
Prior to law school, Kathryn was a member of the U.S. High Yield and High Grade Strategy Research teams at J.P. Morgan, and before that was employed at an Off-Broadway general management company and at Actors’ Equity Association, the theatrical actors and stage managers union.
Kathryn served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Thomas L. Weisenbeck, A.J.S.C., in the Morris/Sussex vicinage of the New Jersey Superior Court. She is admitted to the bars of the State of New Jersey, the State of New York and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Awards & Accolades
- Associate, Editor, Local Government Law Review (2015-2017)
- Diplomat in Local Government Law
News & Insights
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Event, Florham Park, NJ, 01.24.2018
- Event, 01.25.2017
- Event, Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph, New Jersey, 01.25.2017
- Publication, American Bar Association , 12.19.2019
- Alert, 08.05.2019
- Alert, 07.24.2019
- Alert, 07.08.2019
- Alert, 06.17.2019
- Publication, New Jersey Lawyer , 04.2019
- Alert, 08.08.2018
- Alert, 01.09.2018
- Alert, 10.25.2017
- Alert, 10.24.2017
- Alert, 07.26.2017
- Alert, 07.20.2017
Associations & Organizations
- Trustee, Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Member, NJ Supreme Court District XA Ethics Committee
- Volunteer, Morris County Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project
Areas of Practice
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Colgate University, B.A., 2001
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey