Keith Olin has more than 30 years of experience representing securities broker-dealers in customer litigation and arbitration, employment litigation and regulatory proceedings. This experience gives Keith a unique ability to understand the big picture and determine the most appropriate course of action for his clients. Because of the depth and breadth of his practice, it is likely he has already handled virtually any kind of challenge that his clients may encounter.
Keith has defended claims involving allegations by individual customers of suitability, misrepresentation, concentration, use of margin or other credit facilities, excessive trading, unauthorized trading, unauthorized wire instructions and forged checks. Keith also defends corporate fiduciaries in arbitration and in probate court against claims for alleged mismanagement of trust and estate assets, and for failure to properly exercise fiduciary and/or administrative responsibilities.
On numerous occasions, securities clients have called on Keith to be part of their national legal team handling multiple claims and dealing with issues such as the technology stock collapse, alleged research analysts conflicts, the failure of the auction rate securities market, the failure of certain financial preferred stocks, and the decline in the Puerto Rican government/agency bond market.
Keith is active in the Miami-Dade community serving as a member of the Founders of Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach. He is a two time past recipient of the Miami-Dade County Bar Association “Pro Bono Award” for his work in the guardian ad litem program.
Awards & Accolades
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
- Two time recipient of the “Pro Bono Service Award,” Miami-Dade Bar Association
Associations & Organizations
- Florida Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Compliance and Legal Society
Areas of Practice
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., with High Distinction, 1980
- University of Florida, B.A., 1977
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court